Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv AgarwalYour feedback matters!
There was a cavity in my mouth. And the doctor filled it with permanent filling. Then after filling, it starts paining. I consulted another doctor, he took x-ray of my teeth and said rct should have been done instead of permanent filling. He said the only way now is to uprrot the teeth and put on a cap. He has given me novamox and told me to take whenever it hurts and advised me to take this till the time it becomes unbearable and frequent. And then he will go for uprooting my teeth. What should be next course of action?
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Some days back, I had root canal of my molar tooth but I didn't apply cap after root canal. Actually cap is very costly. So please suggest me shall I ask doctor to remove that tooth (if no side effects) or shall I go for applying cap.
I have sever pain in my gum and there is swollen and smell which is very bed so please gave me a suggestion how to overcome from this sever pain of gum.
Many cases of bad breath may be readily alleviated by:
Proper dental care and oral hygiene, including daily flossing.
Gentle cleaning of the posterior portion of the dorsum of tongue (e.g., with a plastic tongue cleaner).
Rinsing and deep gargling with an effective mouthwash (in order to get the liquid as far back as possible without swallowing it, one can extend the tongue while gargling). This is most effective when done at bedtime.
Eating fibrous foods (a healthy breakfast is recommended).
Chewing gum briefly (5 minutes is often sufficient) if the mouth is dry, or after meals, especially with high protein intake. Sugar-free gum is preferable.
Sufficient water intake.
Decreasing alcohol and coffee intake.