Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My mom is now having sleeping problem. She is not being able to sleep more than 3/4 hours at night. It started after when she caught up with low pressure. The doctor also gave her some sleeping pills, but it also doesn't work. So please suggest.
My age 25 I am male my problem cholesterol trigelies 194 And vldl 200 I am unmarried boy my age 25 I am tobacco use and 3 to 4 month I taking beer and wine gape of 3 month I treat under pshiciatry last 2 year problem of fear agoraphobia and panic attack please help me.
I am suffering from toe and knee pain and I check uric acid level is 11 how can I reduce the uric acid and cholesterol level by naturopathy.Please tell.
I am not able to do sex properly .some times in good but sum times not able to do .I have high blood pressure is high blood pressure effect on sex.
Hi I am 42 years as i am suffering with chest pain. I want to rule out whether it is chest pain or muscular pain. Some time it is paining some times not. I am also a asthma patient. Please advise me what precautions should I take.
My weight was increasing day by day and please give me some suggestion to control my increasing weight it may also leading to high blood pressure.
Is the headrush, and fatigue a cause of low blood, blood pressure? How to increase the blood pressure naturally.
I am 18 years old. My Blood pressure sometimes reaches to 130/85, it's pretty high. But when I check my blood pressure I have nervousness of the result of my bp. Do anxiety of the result affect systolic pressure? Why is my blood pressure high? Height: 174 cm Weight: 90 kg.
I am suffering from the numbness of my toes and ankle. I am a bit diabetic and also BP but they are under control. I am 65 years old. I walk about 2 kms in the morning and i. I/2 kms in the evening. I also feel wetness in my feet and some times cramps in by right feet. Is there any remedy?
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to consult a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms.
Sir from 2 months my father skin I. E (shoulder, back, stomach) have sign of redness like inflammation mean if the red sign seems today then after next day it will disappear so my father test his blood, lipid, cholesterol test all reports are normal but hb is 12.5 * is there is any problem from that. Sir please help me how to cure this? Why sign disappear after 1 day when the sign disappeared no itching is there? Sir please tell us what problem is there?
Hello Dr. I got fever from 15 days. Its typhoid. But their is lots of pain in my neck and middle chest. What should I do?
Hi, I am 39 year old and suffering from chest burning for last 6 to 7 years. I am using rebiprazole regularly for relief. Can you suggest some cure.
I am 52 years old man. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Having pain in left side half head. Is this due to diabetes or high blood pressure.
How can I reduce my weight? Now I am 56 years of age, weight 70 kg. I have hypertension, no blood sugar, cholesterol is slight high, to maintain it I am taking 2 pieces of garlic.
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Common symptoms of this condition apart from irregular heartbeat patterns include chest pain, fainting, dizziness and light-headedness, trouble in breathing and paleness.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you experience abnormal heart rhythm, you must consult a doctor immediately. You should only start taking medicines and follow a treatment after it has been recommended by a doctor.
I had diabetes, simultaneously my blood pressure remains high. So neither I can eat much of sweet and nor of much salty. Do guide me in my eating habits.
1- Eat less salt.
2- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet: increase intake of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and fiber
3- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4- Manage your stress level: do something that helps you to relax when you feel stressed,
6- Limit alcohol intake: no more than two drinks per day.