Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajini Goel
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajini GoelYour feedback matters!
I want to go for IUI. Because inspite of several attempts I am not getting pregnant. I have gone through several check ups and all is Normal. Please suggest. As my husband don't reside here. He is here for 20 days only.
But when I test by card it came as positive but next day my period came my husband is not here also he went abroad.
Career Aspirations, Lifestyle And Late Child Bearing Age - Are They Increasingly Leading To Female Infertility Issues?
Female infertility basically refers to infertility among female humans. The problem tends to affect around 48 million women around the world, though it is mainly prevalent among those living in South Asia, North Africa, Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. There are plenty of issues which tend to give rise to this problem among females world over, which we will discuss as we progress.
What Are The Medical Causes of Female Infertility?
There are a number of medical causes behind women coming across difficulties related to fertility. Some of the most common causes include:
- Problems with ovulation
- Fallopian tubes or the uterus getting damaged
- Problems related to cervix
- Submucosal fibroid
Problems related to ovulation can happen because of the following reasons, which include:
Fallopian tubes or uterus can be damaged due to the following reasons:
- Disease of inflammatory pelvic
Various Risk Factors Responsible for Female Infertility
There are number of risk factors primarily responsible for female infertility. The factors include:
- Age: Women, who are in their late 30s generally, tend to be less fertile compared to those who are in their early 20s.
- Career Aspirations: Nowadays women have become so focused about building their careers that they often tend to sway away in their quest for attaining a position in life, hence leading to the delay in conceiving.
- Lifestyle and Environment: These include smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol and being exposed to hazards or toxins in the workplace.
Various Investigations to Determine Female Infertility
There are some investigations which help to determine female infertility, including:
- Ovulation Testing: A rise in luteinizing hormone that occurs before ovulation, along with the blood test for progesterone, thyroid and prolactin indicates that a woman is ovulating.
- Hysterosalpingography: During this test, X-ray contrast gets injected inside the uterus and X-ray is taken for detecting the abnormalities in the uterine cavity. This also helps to determine if the fluid passes out of the uterus and get spilled out in the fallopian tubes.
- Ovarian Reserve Testing: This test helps to determine the quality and quantity of eggs that are available for ovulation.
How to Prevent Female Infertility?
There are quite number of ways through which females can prevent themselves from getting affected by infertility. These include:
- Taking precaution to prevent sexually transmitted diseases
- Avoiding illicit drugs
- Completely avoid use of alcohol
- Adoption of good personal hygiene and health practices
- Having check-ups on an annual basis with the doctor once a woman is sexually active.
Role of Diet and Yoga in Female Infertility
Yoga helps to boost the functioning of reproductive system, stress free body and balances the hormones. There are certain asanas and postures in Yoga that specifically target the pelvic area and reproductive organs. The asanas assist in increasing blood circulation and also stimulate energy in these areas. People often report that they feel better, stronger and confident about themselves after going yoga practices.
Fertility Yoga is a kind of yoga that assist females who are facing problems in getting pregnant. It improves female fertility through:
- Minimizing stress
- Balancing the hormones of the body along with mental health.
- Yoga as well as meditation help women who are experiencing challenges related to infertility.
Meditation and relaxation can help women in:
- Enhancing clarity of the mind
- Maintain healthy body chemistry
- Makes them patient to undergo the rigors of infertility treatment
Diet can have a big say in affecting female’s fertility. They include:
- Having more of slow carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and avoid taking cookies, cakes and white bread.
- Completely avoid all kinds of trans fat and focus on having healthy unsaturated fats.
- Take more protein from items like beans, nuts, seeds, which contain healthy fats rather than consuming red meat.
- Consume whole milk rather than low-fat dairy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
if I avoid ipill then will it be ok for me not to worry for pregnancy as it wud be protected sex and can I have papaya after having safe sex in order to eliminate pregnancy coz I have used ipill the time before I had sex but I don wanna use it coz it's effects in long run and as m 21 so will it work.
Actually I am pragnent. Why I am having pain in lower part of my stomach. Also there is so much of hunger. What is the reason?
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and lost all my symptoms. I'm worried about missed miscarriage. I already had one 5 years back. So I'm so worried. There is no scan till two weeks so please advice me.
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis.