Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Oncologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajinder Singh Saggu
Submit a review for Dr. Rajinder Singh SagguYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate problem since last 2 years back. I had consulted a homeopath and is taking homeopathic medicines since last 2 years. My psa was normal. I am a diabetic as well but my sugar level are under control my hba1c was 6.15, fasting sugar was 90 and pp was 168, the only problem I am facing is that of excessive urination which is atleast once every hour and also inadiquate erection. Please suggest any Ayurveda medicine which can help me in total eradication of these problem ?
My grandmother is a intestine cancer victim. She is also suffer from gastric problem. Today she had a serious stomach burning sensation. please suggest me some way to decrease it in the home it self.
Hello doctor. I took ipill 3 weeks back. Within 1 week I got my period as well. But I have never felt any side effect. For the last few days I'm feeling pain on my right breast around the nipple. Can it happen due to ipill or I should see a doctor?
My wife is getting white discharge from both breast upon squeezing from past one week. What is the reason. She is 25 years old and not having baby.
The prostate gland is a small walnut-shaped organ that produces seminal fluid which carries the sperm and also provides them nourishment.
Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of prostate cancer in men. The progress of prostate may take years and so symptoms may not be evident until it has reached an advanced stage. Also, prostate enlargement is an extremely common condition in most elderly men. This condition is known as benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). The symptoms produced by prostate enlargement are similar to those of prostate cancer in the earlier stages. Therefore, men may confuse the cancer symptoms with BPH symptoms and often ignore the same. For most men, BPH is part of ageing and night-time visits to the bathroom are quite common.
Symptoms of prostate cancer can be clubbed into two broad categories – urinary and others.
Urinary symptoms are due to the enlarged prostate gland pressing on the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to the outside. These include:
- Burning sensation with urination
- Painful urination
- Difficulty in starting and stopping a urine stream
- Dribbling in between a stream
- Inability to control a stream, often causing urine to leak before reaching the toilet
- Increased urgency to urinate, especially at night
- A reduced flow of urine
- Lack of control over bladder
- Presence of blood in the urine, often giving it a pinkish hue
Non-urinary symptoms include:
- Presence of blood in the semen, which again may have a pinkish tinge
- Erectile dysfunction
- Delayed ejaculation
- Painful ejaculation
- Numbness in the legs, feet, or hips
In addition, there would also be generalized symptoms of cancer, including:
As noted above, these symptoms are not indicative of prostate cancer. Even prostate infection or in older men prostate enlargement can cause these symptoms. Therefore, it is essential to correlate these symptoms with risk factors and clinical diagnosis.
Clinically, when a patient experience any of the above symptoms, the doctor would need to confirm the diagnosis via:
- Digital rectal examination, which will confirm that the prostate is enlarged indeed
- Chemical tests to check for prostate-specific antigen (PSA) which is often increased with any disease of the prostate
- A biopsy to identify the presence of cancerous cells
A combination of clinical presentation, lab, and imaging will help in confirming the diagnosis. Earlier the diagnosis, better is the prognosis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is reacting is system of breast cancer? Some time I have reacting but when I clean with hot water and apply some lotion then it's ok but after some days it's again started itching .Is there any problem with bra material or skin infection becz I have that skin infection in my childhood days so doctor advice me to clean the breast in night with hot water and then sleep. But when it's again started can suggest me. Exactly what the problem.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.