Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Walia
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh WaliaYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my shoulder from 1.5 year ago. I had taken much medicine for the same but still the problem remain.
I am Suffering from muscle cramps. Deficiency of vitamin b12 & vitamin D. Heavy pain arms (muscle pain). Frequent head-ache n tiredness. I'm into cinematography, the job needs to run n also had to stand for long time. So after work, suffering from joints pain. This typical muscle issue whom I need to contact n cure it asap.
What is remedy for backpain? And how to reduce backpain. What are the food items can I eat regularly and avoiding food items.
Sir, . I am 25 years old. I have a pain in my knee on my both legs. It is because of wen I am a small I met with an cycle accident after that 1 doctor tell to operation becoz there is a blood clot inside mi legs. But in that age mi parents r not agree to operate mi legs so that time doctor will tell no problem you can take the medicines it will be make your leg better. Kk at that time I take the medicine it will be better but after long years ago mi legs r getting slipping wen I walk, run. After that time also prefer the doctor nd it will be better. Nd like this wenever I give pressure on mi legs it will be slip nd I can't walk. It will be get wounded like this mi another leg was also creating a problem same. So doctor wat will be the precaution I have to take really it creating a big problem in mi life. Daily I have a pain in this situation I can't play, can't stand on mi leg for long time, can't walk. Please tell me sir wat to do.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!