Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
Hello My father have gasses problems sometime he feel very hard to digest food. And sometime he feels tight on the left side of the stomach. He went to doctors the him medicines and some powder to fix with water and drink before having dinner but no use still he is having problem doctors are like You Are Okay. What to do know. Thank you.
Hi All, I am suffering with GERD and esophagus damage with 6 mm lining. And I am taking medicine for these and presently using iladc-l for this decease. I have also issues with hypoglycemia but controlling this with food habits. Now the issues are when I went for random blood check-up my Vitamin B12 was in lower side (178), last time it was 183, and I took injection alternative days for five days. So please let me know what medicine I can take to increase Vitamin B12. Also my RBC count is 5.34 (Avg 4.0 to 5.2) and Lymphocytes is 42 (Avg 200 to 40.0). I hope these are little normal. Please let me know which medicine I need to start using for Vitamin B12 deficiency and its dosage. Kind Regards
I cant clean my anal area, cause my anus remains little open while cleaning, I have been diagnosed with hemorrhoids. please help me, to tighten it up with medicines or something.
I am 55 year old male I get pain in calf and heal during sleep in night. I don't have sugar and bp recently tested. Sometimes gastric problem is severe. I don't use any medicine. Daily I take 1 tab zincovit. I have cracks in the heal and become very hard.
I have acidity problem in my daily life give me some advise to get rid from this problem. I had lots of problem from acidity. I feel burning section on my chest. It's very serious problem help me out form this?
I am suffering from gastric problem wt I do for this and I have also digestion difficulty Please reply soon Thank you.
Mujhe pichle 1 saal se left side abdominal main halka khichav same like kaise koi chunri karta hain feel hits hain. Lekin sabhi doc use normal bata rahe hain .kya urine infection se aisa ho sakta hain yaa UTI bhi hain. Mujhe UTI medicine bataye Jo normally bhi le sakte hain aur uske koi side effects Naa ho. Aur blood pressure naa bade. Kon se test mere liye jaroori hain uske liye. Please tell.
I have acidity problem since 2 years. I did not take junk food and do daily exercise but unable to recover. What should I do now.
I am a 25yr old male and have pain in chest for last 1.5 years. 1 year ago I suffered form tb. I have gas problem also. What should I do?
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am suffering from stomach problem. I always feels urge to go to toilet. Although I relieved well in morning and evening but some times if not properly then I have to go again in afternoon. One more thing which is unbearable is breathlessness whenever I go to toilet both the times. Some time this breathlessness is so severe that I have to take asthalin spray. Also my stomach is feels lumpy and hard every time from center and gains 3 inches in past 2 years. I was a fitness freak in past and regularly did body building for 10-11 years. But from past 8 years I am suffering from this condition, although I still managed to go to gym for some fitness maintenance. From past 3 years my problem is getting worse and now the situation is whenever I eats I feel full every time and breathlessness increases Months over months. I had consulted homeopathy for past 5 years. It helps me but no fully. Pls suggest something to rid of my problem. Now I feels loss of energy, lack o confidence and irritated all the time.
I'm 21, years old. My heartbeats skip for one second. This problem does two or three time in week. This time I feel tired and feel gastric in stomach. What is the reason. My echo cardiograph and lipid profile are normal. And kya ye serious problem hai.
my , Age is 26 years. I am suffering with acidity since last 1-2 year and the problem is becoming big day by day. After taking any food either breakfast, lunch or dinner, I am feeling that the food is stuck up in the stomach. After taking food, so much acid started burning till neck inside and no digestion is being happening until I take Eno/Histac/Digene or any similar drink/tablet. As a temporary solution, I am taking Tablet Pantop, empty stomach in the morning. Then I am getting re-leaf but it is a temporary solution because I need to take this tablet each alternate day otherwise the same situation is being faced again. Please help me.
Sir I have some pain and etching in my bum in center, and some pees of meat is abstract what I do sir.
Facing gastric problem from 2 week. Gass is in both case empty stomach and after food. And also painful and disgusting. Whole day due to it stomach is paining allot. Feeling like whole internal system has damage. Do not whtr its food poisoning or something else. Last week had too much out food nd drink but now having home food. Please suggest what to do.
IBS is a common intestinal disorder causing pain in the stomach, gas, diarrhea and constipation. The condition affects millions of people around the world, mostly women. It may not fully be cured, but the condition can be kept under control diet and lifestyle changes and in severe cases with medication and treatment. The most common affected age groups are between 6 to 18 and 41 to 60.
Causes: There are several triggers to IBS although doctors are yet to determine a specific cause. Because IBS happens more in women than men, some people believe that hormones are responsible for it. Other studies suggest that IBS is triggered when
- The colon becomes hypersensitive reacting to an external stimulation
- The bowel muscles spasm causing diarrhea or constipation
- The muscles in the bowel don't squeeze normally, causing diarrhea or constipation
- There is an imbalance in chemicals like serotonin and gastrin which are responsible for the communication between the brain and the digestive system
- Certain bacteria in the bowel can cause this condition
So far, there are no extensive studies to back any of these theories.
Signs and symptoms: People with IBS have symptoms that can include diarrhea and /or constipation, sometimes alternating with each other, stomach cramps, gas and bloating and a belly that sticks out. Stress may, in some cases, aggravate the problem.
Diagnosis: Unfortunately there are no specific tests to identify IBS as the causes itself can vary in a big spectrum. Using your symptoms as a guide, the doctor may run tests to check for food allergies, lactose intolerance, reactions to any medications you may be taking like blood pressure drugs, infection in the stomach, enzyme deficiencies where the pancreas isn't releasing enough enzymes to digest the food properly and inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. You may have to undergo a colonoscopy or endoscopy, blood tests, stool tests and allergy tests for your doctor to devise a treatment that can best treat your specific symptoms.
Treatment: Because the symptoms and causes are so varied, there is no one specific treatment of IBS. You will need to identify and understand your specific triggers to isolate it and then make changes accordingly in conjunction with lifestyle change and medication.
Lifestyle changes: Look at IBS as a trigger to make you move into a healthier lifestyle and improved diet. Here are some basic changes that your doctor may prescribe
- Avoid coffee tea and sugary sodas
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day and time your water intake as per your food
- Limit fatty foods, milk and cheese
- Add wholesome fiber to your food.
- Relax and get some me time
- Add a good quantity of regular exercise
There is nothing here that you already didn't know can lead to a healthier life. It's just that you'll have to take it seriously now that the doctor has prescribed it for you. If you suspect that you are suffering from IBS, consult your expert medical practitioner today!