Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am worried about my 15 days old breastfeed new born not burping after feeding. I keep him straight for 15 20 minutes but he does not burp so I put him to sleep on his side. Ia it okay for newborns to not burp?
How to prepare ubtan for babies and which oil should I use in summer for body massage of 8 month old baby.
My baby is 3 years old. She suck her thumb before n after sleep. How can we forget her habit. We already tried many things to remove this habit.
Hi .my baby is one year old now. Recently I stopped my feeding then I took tablet for to stop milk secretions. Now I wish to feed again for baby. How I can increase my milk supply?
Muje 6 months se left eye ke vision me ek black point dikhai de rha hai, mene private doctor se tratment bhi liya, but koi asar nbi hua, and meri aankho ke number bhi badb rhe h. Har 6 months to 1 year mai meri aankho ke number change ho jate h. Kya ye koi bimari hai, muje kya karna chaiye?
How can I take best care of my two months old baby from morning till the evening in this summer. Please give me a proper schedule for my baby.
My baby is completed his 2 year 2 month and I want to stop breastfeeding but it's not possible for me as well as for my baby what should I do I want to stop feed him please suggest me some solution.
Can I give yogurt dahi to my 10 months old son? And where do I get wheat grass? What all food I can give to my son.
5 Tips on How to Talk to Your Child About Sex for the First Time
You may find it very uncomfortable to talk to your child about sex for the first time, but it’s a parenting skill you need to acquire. Encouraging your child to discuss their sex-related queries with you will ensure that they don’t pick up wrong information from undesirable sources, or conceive notions that might affect their overall behaviour.
Moreover, it will also strengthen the bond between you and your child. Here are some effective tips that will make it easier for you to talk with your child about sex.
1. Be confident
First of all ensure that you have all the facts correctly arranged in your mind. Do some research, if necessary. Set a specific plan beforehand on how you intend to solve your child’s sex related queries. Always remember the fact you are your child’s role model and you need to have the correct knowledge to educate your child about sex. Face all the questions asked by your child confidently, without letting him/her sense your discomfort.
2. Use proper anatomical terms
Use the actual anatomical terms while referring to the various body parts, like vagina or penis for example. If you use any indirect word or expression to convey your message, the child will sense your embarrassment in talking about certain body parts. This will create a wrong impression in the mind of the child about sex from the beginning. You can use humour as a tool to overcome your discomfort while talking. Moreover, this will also help your child to open up easily.
3. Don’t project sex as a bad thing
It is very important to convey the idea to your children that sex is not an act of sin, but it is regarded as a sin only when misused, like rape or sexual abuse. Encourage them to accept the fact that the occurrence of changes in their body with the onset of puberty is completely normal. Also convey that these changes are a positive way of making them a complete human being.
4. Teach your children the importance of sexual purity
Enrich your children with values like loyalty, respect and love. Teach them the importance of remaining faithful to their partner and treating their partner with love and care. Motivate them to resist peer pressure and not to embrace infidelity.
5. Set healthy boundaries
Set boundaries for your children carefully and make them understand why you did so. For example, convey that their modesty should be reflected from their appearance and behaviour because that is the best they can do to respect their own bodies. Moreover, put specific guidelines on what type of media your child is allowed to watch and tell him/her that it is a way to respect and let his/her thoughts grow. Gradually, when your children start showing mature reactions to these guidelines, allow them to make their own choices and give them more personal space.
My 5 months old son is having cough my doctor suggested azithral liquid 100 20 mg/ml bt still he is having cough.
Hello my son is 2 years old and his weight is 8. 5kgs I am veg I don' t want to give him any non veg food not even eggs but many people around me suggest me to give eggs so could you tell me it is really help me or is there any equivalent food for high protein?
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
I am a son. He s nine month old. Severe cold & cough from yesterday. I gave Azithral100 mg syp levolin syp bt still no use. Cold & cough increased again. What can I do? Me too having cold. I am feeding him too. My throat paining more. I take benadryl bt my pain increased compared to yesterday. Pls answer me. Doctor. Thanks in advance.
I am breastfeeding and one of my breast is swollen as my 04 month old baby did not feed properly for a day after his vaccination. Due to this, I have a fever and abdomen pain. The doctor prescribed Pacimol 650 and zifi 200 tablets. Are these medicines safe for breastfeeding?
My son who is 14 years old has been running a few 10km races. He cycles 4 km everyday. He wants to participate in a 21 km run. He would be jogging and walking alternately (ie not running the entire 21 K). Is it safe for him to participate? Any precautions? Any inputs/ advice would be greatly valued. Thank you.
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth white chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles and can later form serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner mount with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips of skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage the broken tooth, and the first steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after the tooth break, you may take a painkiller like acetaminophen. This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You must try sticking some sugar-less chewing gum on the tooth to prevent cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try gulping the food and chew less, or go on a liquid diet to avoid touch of much food with the broken tooth unless it gets the first treatment.
Filing and Bonding- the initial treatment
On going to the dentist based on the tooth break condition, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filing or bonding is the general remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed in case it is one of the rear teeth. The tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around.
If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged more than a root canalling may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown will be worn over the broken teeth so that it gets a natural look and the hardness to chew. You may lose sensations permanently on the tooth if the root nerve is blocked during the process. Else you will have a cosmetically working tooth for a few years until the crown wears off and needs a re-crowning.