Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh RohtgiYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old female with sitting job 7-8 hours. I feel pain near tail notch on sitting. Ceel no pain while standing. I also feel pain while compressing my muscles. What can be the probable problem. Mri shows lumbarisation in s1 l1.
I am 30 years old. I'm suffering with breathing improperly. And even I have the problem with back pain. Pls give solution.
Iam 30 years old female. Iam suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from 3 years and now my both the knees get damaged because of dryness of fluid in knees now iam unable to walk. Please suggest me to get recover from disease and moreover I have the responsibility to look after my parents and 5 years infant male baby.
Dear doctors, being a chikungunya patient since one week, Joints pains are continuing, kindly suggest what kind of medicine are able to cure me and how many days it will be cure.
hello. Sir/mam. I am having back pain since a year. But I have kept on ignoring it until last 2 months back. I visited a doctor. And I was evn on medication. Today after few tests he told me that I am suffering from polycythemia. I wanted to know what kind of risks are related to this. And also does smoking weed and cigrate affects this. Because my parents do not know that I smoke. I'll be very thankful if you let my doubts get cleared. I I aM deeply tensed.
I am suffering from back pain from last two years in morning as well as in evening. What should I do.
I am 25 year old man and have backache for months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but have not got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 25 years old male and I have backache for two months and I have used the cream but I have no relief so what I should do with.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.