Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Rohtgi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh RohtgiYour feedback matters!
I am athlete and when I was doing some exercises I got injured. My lower back muscles overlapped. What should I do doctor. Any therapy or something else. Not able to bent. please doctor Advice me please.
I am 32 year male and I am having pain in my left heel for last 3 months. The pain is more severe when I get down from my bed in the morning, but it gives me less pain when I start walking. What should I do?
I have back pain and foot pain also Back pain from 3 4 month. Foot pain kuch time se ho rha hai foot pain jayada nahin ho rha hai kyun pr back paine jada ho raha hai.
Mere peeth me dard ho rha h wo bhi bus right side me middle me or me gym bhi jata hu to kya kru jisse arram aajaye Dard bus ek taraf hota h.
I feel pain in my both of legs. The pain in not always. I pains after a short time cycling, running etc. What should I do?
I am 24 years old, my problem is I am having pain in both side of my waist and also around my urinary bladder. It always increases while I am seating position. Please suggest me on this.
At morning I'm playing Cricket unfortunately my foot was step in the ball that times my lift foot was paining badly and I'm not able to walk normally what to do? Tell me please.
I am feeling very tired and sleepless all the time ? have pain in my legs, feet and even in my hands , arm ? Without doing anything I feel tired and restlessness . So suggest me sumthng to relief from it.
Low back pain (LBP) is very commonly seen in patients as it’s the fifth most common reason to visit a doctor. This is seen in almost 60-80% of people in their lifetime.
What Are The Causes Of Lower Back Pain?
It can be divided into following categories -
- Radicular Syndromes
- Radicular Pain e.g. Sciatica
- Spinal Stenosis
- Specific Spinal Pathologies
- Non-Specific Low Back Pain (NSLBP)
There are various causes of low back pain but often the cause is not clear. There are various factors which can cause or aggravate the low back pain. such as:
Can Physiotherapy Help In Reducing Low Back Pain?
Physiotherapy is very effective in low back pain. A physiotherapist can assess the cause and decide the line of treatment. The earlier you start the treatment better is the prognosis. Physiotherapy not only helps in reducing the pain it can change the pathology so the posture and also chances of recurrence.
Methods of treatment are-
- Manual therapy (hands-on mobilization of the joints in your back) - skilled physiotherapists use precise hands-on techniques, it relieves stiffness and improves movement of the joints and muscles of your spine.
- Movement exercises- Most physiotherapists advises these exercises, generally known as the McKenzie method. It decreases radiating or referred pain and restores motion. Physiotherapy is helpful in chronic low back pain also. These first two methods are beneficial in chronic low back pain.
- Strengthening and core exercises- It mainly works on core stability and endurance, which strengthens your muscles.
- Educating for prevention- It is very important to take care after the recovery also because there can be a recurrence of it. So, by taking proper care you can avoid the future recurrence of the low back pain.
- Restoring activity- In minor low back pain, it’s good to get back to your activity as early as possible. Now bed rest for long period is not advised. The more you get active it helps to reduce pain and the recovery is also fast in those cases.
By all these methods, you can easily come over low back pain. But it’s always important to consult a physiotherapist rather than treating by yourself. Because it can’t treat the cause it can just reduce the suffering temporarily. Only a physiotherapist can advise you appropriate exercises which will improve your low back pain. Also, can give you other suggestions which are right and safe for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!