Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I have red eyes for more than 3 days. And I am unable to do my regular stuffs finely. It is really getting quite uncomfortable for me now.
Hi I am 38 years old, last year I operate my eyes due to squit, but there is problem in eyes, I see things double.
My age is 58, male – diabetic, hypertension, thyroid, cholesterol --taking Metformin, ramipril, Synthroid, Pravastatin respectively. Latest – LIPID profile shows- cholesterol = 3.64 ref 4.20-5.20, Triglycerides = 0.63 ref 0.60-2.30, HDL cholesterol =1.16 ref >=0.91 ALL UNITS ARE mmol//L, Total HDL cholesterol ratio-- 3.1, LDL Calculated =2.19 mmolL reF- 2.20- 3.40, FASTING 11 hours, 1. Specialist showing – Hypercholesterolemia—please guide – with this what does it mean? 2. Does concern is serious, family doctor never explained about these results. 3. Few months now getting eye pain, what do you think this may be due to these results, using Fluorometholone 0.1 % ophl susp, for last over two months, should I continue this, or consult eye specialist? Suggest.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.