Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. this is MD afsar Ali and I am suffering from gastric problem when ever I eat something it doesn't digest and it cause acidity occur so please advice me what can I do plz.
Hello. I'm 21 years old. I have a some basic problem. If I masturbate. Sperm will out in few seconds. How can I control my sperm ejaculation. And also I'm masturbate daily if it's any problem in that.
Hi doctor, I have pcos. I used to have krimson tabs but stopped from 2 years as planning for kid. But not able to conceive now it's been 45 days did not get my date and pregnancy test is also negative.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of a patient. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those women who are close to or going through menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes include loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beam to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 46 years old lady. My bone health is weak .I want to know that what type of meal I take that make my bone strong. My weight is 82 kg. I am non vegetarian.
I am suffering from high fever and dry cough and getting lots of headache and body pain so please suggest me any medicine which can cure me.
Hi I am diabatic since last 15 yrs and have hypertensio too from last 30 years what advice you can. I am on rwegular medicine and take long walking thrice a week.
My father is diabetic from approx last 7 - 9 yrs. And also reached around 500 mg/DL (2 yes back) Currently its around between 237 to 265.(Taking mentioned medicines) He is facing is leg pain and burning sensations. His craving for food is high and frequently need the munching snacks. Also he is not able to control on sweet foods and drinks in take sometimes. I don't know how to keep his diabetic level in control. Please help what else we can do to control his diabetic to normal level and to reduce burning sensations.
I am 25 years old I am from bangalore last night I was doing some work unfortunate I fell down on the ground I had some kind of illness like headache.
From past few days I am noticing a slight swelling in my left testicle. I am not facing any pain or other issue except some increase in sensitivity. Can anyone please explain its reason and remedy for the same.
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants weight loss. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get fat loss in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people. With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods.
Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, thereby helping in fat loss especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks and resulting in further weight loss. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss and body contouring too.
How it Works?
The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break, but attract
more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers which start the process of fat loss. The sound energy gets converted into
mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
- Improves body contour
- Reduces body circumference
- Muscle toning and firming
- Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used, which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results for fat loss. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when Lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible for weight loss and fight obesity.