Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My wife lost hearing power of one ear while in kitchen. there was sudden blockage as in tafe off of aeroplane and then the hearing was ZERO in one year. 2 Years of treatment no result. Hearing aid of no use. Aged 76 yrs.
I am pregnant.What all should be avoided from my daily routine so as to improve my health as a whole?
My right ear is unable to hear. And all the reports are normal. What I do to hear by my right ear. so, what to do.?
I'm a 14 year old female who was diagnosed with Otosclerosis. If I have mild hearing loss in my left ear how long do you think it will take for me to go completely deaf in one ear? And also a stapedectomy was recommend as a surgical treatment if I wanted it by my ENT specialist. She told me that it.
My wife faces too much stress. She is telling she is hearing a sound some one speaking about her. She always telling that my neighbor house people is talking like that. She feels insecure feeling. We already went to psychologist and he given some tables to reduce stress after initial counseling. Doctor told me that some liquid in brain produced more. Nearly 4 weeks medicine she took, first two weeks she was in her sisters house, she feels better there, before one week we came to our house. Here also for first 5 - 6 days she was quit. But for last 2-3 days, she is telling the same. What I do now sir. I Know that no such sound is hearing by me. I want to bring out my wife from this situation. Please help me.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.