Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, my daughter 4 years old suffering from hearing loss after typhoid due to hard injection given by doctor according to BERa test .sir please advice me to her treatment or otherwise.
Dear doctor before 2 or 3 months when I was in bathroom to take a bath. Unfortunately some water goes in my ear and now I am feeling very bad. I mean it's almost dead now. 80% dead. It's been my exams that I could not consult a doctor. What should I do now. & 1 more thing, whenever I put my headphones on. I can clearly hear only 20 to 30 % from that particular ear. It's been so frustrating. Please advise me.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
My friend is suffering from slightly hearing problem previously he administered antibiotic for chills Us that the reason for hearing problem I heard that some antibiotic got the adverse effect of hearing problem.
I have developed a glommus jugular tumour (internal) behind the right ear. It all started 2-3 years back with heart pulsation sound in the right ear & hearing loss. Kindly suggest remedy.
I am 18 years old. I love listening music in high volume not so high just block outer noise. I am hearing like this for over 6 to 7 years but every day 15 days in a month now I stopped hearing songs because I am afraid of my ears sometimes a felt very little aches after stopping listening sngs is feeling better. Can I listen songs only once in a month with high volume or can I listen once in 10 days. I am tempting to hear music so loud what I have to do to get rid of this temptation.
I have a problem of pain in ear it is due to over hearing of music through headset with high sound or some type of allergies. How to over come the problem. Suggest me a answer.
Good morning,I feel that there is something wrong with my ear, with hearing aid and still the spoken word is still distorted. Is there medicine to correct my hearing problem?
take your medicine regularly
. drink plenty of water
have a good sound sleep
. have at least 30 min regular exercise. ... No addictions