Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am having an unbearable head ache from these two days. Also I have a small hard guilty type hard eruption in my back neck just below the head and also I have a senso neural hearing loss.
I have developed a glommus jugular tumour (internal) behind the right ear. It all started 2-3 years back with heart pulsation sound in the right ear & hearing loss. Kindly suggest remedy.
Is there any possible treatment available for noise induced hearing loss? The loss is 40db. Can homeopathy help? Is there any medicine that can regenerate ear nerves and cure hearing?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
Hi I am 21 years old female. I have a hearing problem with my left ear. When I am hearing music with my headsets , I found that no music is playing in left ear. But I can hear with my right ear. Whats the problem I do not know. And moreover after talking in mobile phone I am getting pain in my right ear also. I am worrying alot. Plz help me and suggest me some tips to improve my hearing and tell me what my actual problem is?
I am a 71 year old male. Have worked in steel industry for long period having lot of high decibel work environment. I have developed loss of hearing & it is almost 20-30%. I can't listen what people are talking & have to ask them to speak at high pitch. Also multi conversation is difficult. Please suggest remedial & corrective therapy.
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist
My daughter is having hearing difficulties she had high fever at birth. Antibiotics treatment were given for 3 weeks. Is this hearing loss result of taking long time medication. What now can be done. Advice requested. Thanks.
I am 18 year old boy suffering from cold and cough and hearing is also low Please help me by giving your suggestions.
I have a baby boy with cesarean delivery and I am breastfeeding my 20 day old baby and I have hearing problems from last two days from my left ear. Left portion of my body goes numb if I sit more than half an hour with hearing problem in left ear. What should I do?
I am pregnant.What all should be avoided from my daily routine so as to improve my health as a whole?
I am losing hear quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure but else can I do can you please help me with this..
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.