Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh JainYour feedback matters!
Can you suggest me a face wash for oily skin? My skin is a bit hard and acne prone? Any thing that makes the skin clear?
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
Doctor I am fully suffering from fungal infection from past 7 months I consulted so many doctors but no use I tried Ayurvedic medicines. By using tat one black spots occur so please tell the medicines I had to use.
Can urethral stricture occurs after cystoscopy in 2 to 3 months? As I start feeling pain in urethra and slow stream even after taking alpha blocker as I have prostatitis Thanks.
Hii Doctor, can I use melalong cream for getting brighter and white skin tone. Or does it leads to Vitiligo because of hydroquinone present in melalong. Because even if a family person contains Vitiligo. Can we safely use it?
I am 21 y male and I am using prescribed Retino A 0.025. Plzz tell me when can I start using (Glomed) glycolic acid kojic acid face wash for my skin improvement. Plzz tell me minimum gap for using glycolic face wash in morning and ration a in night.
I am 23 year old girl. I am suffering from tanning and acne. What should I try at home for glowing skin.
Hello myself jeet I am from Jaipur .I lost my fair skin before 3 years my skin was having medium complexion .and in childhood I was totally fair enough .but nowadays my skin becoming dull and dark day by day .pls help me doctor. Maybe it is because sunburn or pollution .whatever .pls doctor help me to getting my skin complexion back .thank you.
The term exfoliative dermatitis literally means peeling or shedding of the skin. It is also known as erythroderma. This condition is characterized by the reddening and peeling away of large patches of skin all over the body. The skin may also turn rough and scaly and feel painful or itchy. Exfoliative dermatitis is caused by a skin cell disorder, which causes a rapid turnover in skin cells. People suffering from chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis, autoimmune diseases, eczema and seborrheic dermatitis are at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Apart from affecting a person’s appearance, the shedding of skin cells can also cause dehydration and nutritional deficiencies especially of protein and vitamin A and D. The loss of skin cells also makes you vulnerable to serious infections and damage to muscles and bones. It can also lead to hair loss and thickening of nails. Thus it is important to treat this condition as early as possible.
Treatment for this condition depends on a number of factors including the patient’s age, overall health, tolerance to specific types of medication and procedures and extent of reaction. When treating this disease, it is important to identify the root cause as it resists treatment until the root cause has been treated. To do this, a skin biopsy may be needed along with a physical examination and blood tests.
Patients suffering from acute exfoliative dermatitis may also require hospitalization. Hospitalization may also be suggested for elderly patients or people living alone. This is in cases where the condition has affected the patient’s fluid levels and internal body temperature. Emergency treatment can include:
- Discontinuation of medications that may be causing this condition as a side effect
- Application of petroleum jelly on the affected area to reduce fluid loss and prevent secondary infections
- Non adherent dressing of the affected areas if the skin is crusting or weeping
- Correction of body temperature through cooling baths or heated blankets
- Antibiotics and intravenous fluids to combat dehydration
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 24 years old I am using site spects due to regular using my both eye skin changes as black colour give me your valuable opinion for my eyes become normal skin tone.
I got a surgery on my hand on 17-07-2015 Have got 8 stitches Which left a thick black mark on my hand How to get rid of this black mark ? If I can not get rid of that, at least tell a way to make it mix in my skin tone.
There are some boils patch on my skins which are tiny and not that visible too but in d end it has formed on everywhere on d body so am really concerned what it is.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my Face what should I do to remove the black marks please give me some suggestions.
I am getting breakouts on my chin. My hormonal blood tests are all okay. My skin is very fair and oily. Please suggest how do I get rid of these breakouts.
I have very bad black darks and spots. How can I remove them? My face look very bad. please sugest me.
I was treated for severe tan/darkness on my arms by alopathic doctors. Very little tanning was removed. Please advise.
I am 54 years of female. I always have burning sensation in my anus area. Food not digested property and after eating small amount, it seems the same is not digested. Foul gas, constipation etc.
Dono breast me ghaat haiCheck up bhi karwaya Lekin cancer ka koi symptoms nahi hai Lekin iss bimaari se bahar kaise nikale Dawai humlog afford nahi kar sakte bahut mahangi hai Koi home treatment ya cheaper medicine.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no exact known cause of rosacea. Contrary to popular belief, poor hygiene does not cause rosacea. There are certain factors that trigger increased blood flow to the skin, them being:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.