Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi,I am suffering heavy fever with serve cough and mild head ache. So could you recommend me anything.
I am 25 year old I have cold always what should I do for recover this illness I always have headache just because of cold and cough please give me the proper response.
Hello, am 32 years old male and I hail from Kerala. I was working in India till 2014 and moved to UAE in 2015. I used to catch cold and get headache in winter season in India. And ever since I came here I get headache very frequently during winter season. If I walk in the park or place where cool breeze flowing I get headache and initially I didn't know what was the cause. When I told this to my sis in law, who is a qualified nurse, said it is sinusitis and advised me to take steam all the time. Although taking steam helps me lot I want a permanent cure for this. Because I have running nose almost round the year. When I start eat anything spicy mucus starts coming and I have to run for the tissue. It embarrasses me at times. So all these symptoms are just of sinusitis or something else? I have not consulted with any physician regarding this. Please advise.
Hi, doctor my mom is an asthma patient and I too have been one in my childhood. Doctor said that now I don't have this problem but I still have problem in breathing sometimes. What to do?
Hi. This is my second trimester of pregnancy. And I am suffering form cough. Can anyone please suggest me any cough syrup that is safe also in pregnancy.
My dad is suffering from PTB doctor suggested to have bronchoscopy for understanding weather its of type mdr or not? What should we do? Should we wait for results of first line medicine or go with test? How much is cost of bronchoscopy in mumbai? And is it hurting patient in any way?
I am suffering from sinus from past 15 years and my hair is also greying because of this. I have tried everything but nothing helped. Could you please suggest tips or remedy for this.
I am suffering from continuous cough since 10 days. Even I am taking piriton caught medicine. What is the reason or should I consult a doctor.
I have cough and cold problem more than 15 days I was consulted from the doctor 2 times but still I have the problem of cough and cold.
My baby having some issues regarding cough she is not able to sleep properly I have met some doctor taking some medicine still problem is there this is only when her sleeping or going outside kindly give me a solution.
I am 61 yrs male. I get whole body perspiration sometimes. I also feel breathless when climbing stairs. What does these symptoms signify? are any tests suggested to find the reason?
Hi I have asthma problems, and I want to about it's permanent cure. Is there any medicine which can do this?
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
I have open TB and taking medicines, people say that after curing also some marks will be der in Xray, since it may effect for medical check up for Gulf. How can we cure that marks?
How should I lose my fat and I am 40 years old and I have the problem of asthma also? Please help me.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.