Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Meri Beti 2 may ko hui hai jab hui to usko dabba ka milk diya gaya tha tub se dabba ka milk diya Ja raha hai but 17 June ko Dr. k pass Jane Par Dr. ne dabba ka doodh pine ko mana kiya hai agar mujhe lagta hai ki uska pet nahi bhar raha mujhe kaise pata chalega ki uska pet bhar raha hai.Please tell.
My child (2 years old) is having blisters in throat due which he had fever which has now subsided but he is not eating or drinking anything. Due to this he is getting irritable. Currently Doctors has prescribed Zytee which is a pain relieving gel, Maxtra and azithral. What could be a better medicine for his blisters.
My daughter has birth mark on face. That birth mark can be remove by any medical treatment ? She is now 1 years old. Suggest me.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
Yellow teeth ruining your smile? see what's the solution it's not always whitening!
January is around the corner and along comes a new year with its numerous resolutions and promises on improving ourselves. Be it the latest diet or the promise to workout we all want to look and feel our best. If your dental resolution is to stop living with a yellow smile then here's a combination of home remedies and dental treatment tips to make you smile bright and white this new year.
Depending on the existing colour of your teeth and how bright you want your teeth to be, we have here some options ranging from the mildest to the most impactful colour change.
#1. Light yellow teeth: clean better!
Plaque and other food deposits can make your teeth look unclean and discolored. Most often the original white of your teeth can be restored by a simple clean up procedure that washes away all the discolored food particles.
#2. Yellow to brown teeth: eat better!
An indian diet with turmeric coupled with our addiction to anything from tea, green tea, coffee, red wine to even smoking can lead to excessive staining of our teeth. While it may seem impossible to avoid what we are habituated to it's equally necessary to compensate by frequent cleaning and whitening procedures based on your frequency and level of exposure to these staining substances.
#3. Natural white: naturally
Home remedies which have no side effects like a pinch of baking soda mixed with crushed strawberries or 3-4 drops of lemon are often used to whiten teeth by scrubbing away the stained particles. Malic and citric acid present in strawberries and lime respectively gives an instant whitening effect without harming the natural layers of the teeth.
#4. Frequent yellowing: brighten at home
If you're looking for more than just a natural clean white colour but want it done with as little chemical exposure as possible then home bleach is the best option for you. Removable, transparent, custom made plastic moulds of your teeth can be made in just one session. You can then put in a few drops of a low concentration gel bleach into these as they snugly fit onto your teeth. Keep them in the mouth for 45 minutes daily for up to 7 days. This procedure is done as directed by a registered dentist. This gives you a bright white colour with minimal or no side effects and the additional benefit is that it can be repeated just before an occasion or every time you feel there is yellowing of teeth.
#5. Brilliant white: in under an hour!
If you want nothing less than super bright then a very standard and recognized procedure is that of the office bleach done in the dental chair in under 45 minutes. Here we use a more concentrated bleach to get you noticeable and long lasting results. Done in cycles every 10-15 minutes to show you the colour improvement and prevent side effects and discomfort. Certain precautions must be observed for 7 days after the bleach and it is recommended once annually to maintain the colour.
A word of caution for the over the counter products that claim to work brilliantly to whiten teeth but overuse or unsupervised use of the same may lead to irreversible tooth damage.
Even with this array of information and multitude of options available for your convenience- a consultation with your dentist for your perfect white smile, will work best before you decide to take matters into your own hands.
You could have yellow teeth due to one of the following reasons:
Genetically yellowed or dull when formed.
Age-related reduction or thinning of enamel and exposure of dentin.
Excessively stained diet or habits.
Appear yellow due to fairer gums, lips, complexion or lighter eye colour.
Dental diseases which stain or eat away your enamel.
Improper oral hygiene habits.
Do let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
My son is 5 months and 15 days old .His weight is 5 kgs and 516 grams. He is not taking adequate breast feeding. What will I do to increase his feeding? Has he got Adequate weight now? What type of food will I give him? Please tell me elaborately. What should I do Sir? Please tell me.
In my child kaniska she was 5.5 years old. He was wheezing trouble for past 3 years. Now I was admitted in G.K hospital for high temperature fever, running nose on 06.09.16. Now the fever controlled but cough is increased at nighttime. Please give the solution for my child.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.