Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby age is 2 months 5 days. Now weight is 4.5kgs. He doesn't sleep at day time. Very less time sleeping and remaining time playing. He is feeling when uncomfortable when he was urine.He is taking less milk also. Please suggest me how to proceed.
My son age-5 before 1 Month he was suffered with chicken pox thats why he getting marks on whole body please give me some suggestion to remove stains from his body its looking very badly and got wholes also.
My daughter is passing stool multiple times a day for last couple of weeks. She passes the same without realising in under garment. This happens specifically after eating something. She is active and takes normal diet. I have consulted pediatricians, homeopaths, Ayurved etc with no success. I had given her Norfloxacin+metrogyl for 5 days but that helps only till effect of medicine lasts. Stool test was normal. Please help.
When babies graduate from liquids to semi-solids, their diet needs to be tasty as well as healthy. This is the time where immunities are built and how well they eat now will largely decide how fit they will be in the years to come. Selecting their diet is crucial. Papaya is one item which is highly recommended in a baby's diet. Here are the reasons why:
1)Eyesight - Papayas are good for eyesight as they have vitamin A. At a stage when your baby is developing his eyesight, a little help from what he eats will do wonders.
2)Blood Generation - Papayas are known to increase blood count.
3)Digestion - Papayas improve digestion. Since babies are mostly in sedentary position, digestion needs assistance. Mashed papayas are a good idea for this.
4)Skin Problems - Papayas control skin ulcers.
5)Brain - Papayas facilitate brain development which is very important for babies.
6)Bones - Papayas are good for bones. Apart from the oil massages and milk intake, this would also add to the benefit.
7)Muscles - Papayas strengthen the muscles as well.
8)Immunity Building - Papayas are a good source of vitamin C and folate. It strengthens your child’s immune system.
9)Intestinal Worms - Infants at times suffer with the problem of parasitic worms in their intestines. Small amounts of dried papaya seeds with honey can be useful in controlling these intestinal worms.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
What r the symptoms of TB? And in which case it is possible. May gym responsible for gym or not? My fvr is fyn while having mdcn but I have it after some time of mdcn I can walk fyn having no strong cough too and have good energy level too in case of fever too Yessss but in my reports of liver SGOT is about 46 which shd he btwn 1 to 35 and ESR is 15 and shd btwn 0 to 10. Pls tell me about all the complications I am confuse Thanks in advance.
My 6 year old son was in high fever and has also developed nausea symptom. He was diagnosed for Acute Tonsillitis by pediatrician and suggested for "clamp Kid forte Dry syrup (Amoxicillin (400 mg) Clavulanic acid (57 mg) )" and Imol (Paracetamol brufen tab). Antibiotic dose is 5 ml 2 times where as imol is as required. After taking 3 dose of antibiotic he started Diarrhoea which is mild in nature. Do we need to give him another medicine to control that.
Sir, my baby born in 8th month and she is suffering for jaundice her level is 22 and I kept the baby for 48 hrs after this the jaundice level did not decrease what I will do. They are telling keep the baby another 2 days.
Health tip for babies.
Babies have variation in appetite so don't go on day to day appetite but follow weight trend over 2 to 3 months. If that is okay. Baby is doing well.
Esp in sickness babies lose appetite as we do.
So wait for few days n appetite will return.
Dr. Rajiv singh aradhya clinic indrapuram. Consultant max hospital vaishali.
Thumb or finger sucking is common in infants through the first year of their lives. A child usually turns to his thumb when he is tired, upset or bored.
A child younger than five years should not be pressured to stop thumb sucking. While majority of children give up such habits on their own before they enter school, about 15 percent of children continue thumb sucking past their fifth birthday. This is an age when teasing often starts, causing difficulties for children.
Apart from this, thumb sucking can also lead to dental problems. A child who is still sucking his thumb by age five, when permanent teeth start coming in, may develop an abnormal bite. In addition, prolonged thumb sucking can cause minor physical problems, such as chapped lips or cracked skin, calluses, or fingernail infections.
The effects of thumb sucking are usually reversible until the age of seven because children still have their deciduous (baby) teeth. If thumb sucking continues beyond that age, when the second teeth are erupting, permanent dental problems can occur.
There are various things you can do to help your child stop thumb sucking:
1. Reward your child and offer encouragement - For example, with a hug or praise to reinforce their decision to stop the habit.
2. Limit nagging - If children feel they are being nagged they will become defensive.
3. Mark their progress on a calendar - For example, place a star or a tick for each period (such as a day or week) that the child does not suck thumb or finger. Provide a special outing or a toy if the child gets through the period successfully.
4. Encourage bonding - For example, with a special toy.
5. Reminders - Give the child a mitten to wear as a reminder not to suck, or place unpleasant tasting nail paint (available from chemists) on the fingers or thumb. Placing a band aid over the thumb at bedtime is another reminder.
6. Offer distractions - While a child is watching tv, have toys available for children to play with. Sit with the child during this time and give a cuddle to help them not to suck. In the car, have toys available to keep children occupied.
7. Talk to your pediatrician and your child's dentist, who may recommend appropriate treatment that prevents thumb sucking.
Excess fluids lead to abnormality and death of babies .is that true .and I want details of abnormality. My sister is carrying twins and one baby is of less Weight which doctors told that it lead to death?
My 3 years and 6 month old son is not interested in any food at all. He loves to play, sing, dance, or just jump at all times, but we have to really try hard to gave him one time meal in a day. He likes lots of food items but after one or 2 bites he stops and says no to most of food item. Then there comes one day of the week or 2 weeks, when he will eat properly - all 3 meals, fruits, ice cream or chocolate to our surprise. Should we put him under some light medication? is it normal or related to some stomach problem?
I am 8 months pregnant now. My baby weight is only 1 kg. How to increase the weight of baby. Please tell Me what to eat for increase the weight.
My son is 11 years old , his one by one teeth are falling , he lost almost 4 teeth in last 3 months , is this serious ?
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.