Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GoyalYour feedback matters!
Brain foods that help you concentrate
Ginseng, fish, berries, or caffeine?
Listen to the buzz about foods and dietary supplements, and you'll believe they can do everything from sharpen focus to enhance memory, attention span, and brain function.
But do they really work? there's no denying that as we age, our body ages right along with us. The good news is that you can improve your chances of maintaining a healthy brain if you add 'smart' foods and drinks to your diet.
Caffeine can make you more alert
There's no magic bullet to boost IQ or make you smarter -- but certain substances, like caffeine, can energize you and help you concentrate. Found in coffee, chocolate, energy drinks, and some medications, caffeine gives you that unmistakable wake-up buzz though the effects are short-term. And more is often less: overdo it on caffeine and it can make you jittery and uncomfortable.
Sugar can enhance alertness
Sugar is your brain's preferred fuel source -- not table sugar, but glucose, which your body processes from the sugars and carbs you eat. That's why a glass of something sweet to drink can offer a short-term boost to memory, thinking, and mental ability.
Have too much, though, and memory can be impaired -- along with the rest of you. Go easy on the sugar so it can enhance memory without packing on the pounds.
Eat breakfast to fuel your brain
Tempted to skip breakfast? studies have found that eating breakfast may improve short-term memory and attention. Students who eat it tend to perform better than those who don't. Foods at the top of researchers' brain-fuel list include high-fiber whole grains, dairy, and fruits. Just don't overeat; researchers also found high-calorie breakfasts appear to hinder concentration.
I am 41 years old male. I am a chain smoker for past 10 years. I tried a lot tof stop this bad habit but failed. What should I do?
I noticed my hand shiver when I do some work sometime, I am a smoker but only smoke 3 cigratees daily. Is smoking is the reason behind it? Please guide me. Thanks.
Due to smoking unable get in sex. Any treatment and exercise. I want to quick smoking. Tried due to circumstances still on. We need kid pls help.
Hi I m 21 years old and doing engineering. I m unable to memorize the things for long last. When I sit for study I usually study not more than 2 hours and got headache after that. What should I do to improve my memory.
I am a 23 year old female. I am going through mood swings. Acc to my partner he feels I shld visit a psychiatrist. I always talk logically but people find my fault and then finally I end up being alone and lonely. And end up crying. M totally die hearted and now I really need help.
I use to smoke daily and do exercise daily in gym, I want to ask my daily workout can help to nullify the tar I get from smoking.
Im a epilepsy patient before after that I went medication under neuro doctor. Now im completely fine. Can I get marry, have sex and Kids in My Life? Is that okay for me and my children. Please assist me.
I am having a lack of concentration on things such as books. I forget things. I think I am n depression. Actually I love someone I know she cannot be mine I often dream of getting married to her .I cannot concentrate on anything.
My mother is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease I have visited 9 neurophysician across India but they rejected the chance of improvement with no chance of surgery. They said she will never be as she was previously is it true or you think different pls share with me.
Kids go through various stages of their physical and psychological development which in turn affect as well as alter the ways in which they perceive and communicate with the world. Changes in attitudes and conduct are often seen as a passing phase and parents hope that the abnormalities would go away on their own. But what most parents fail to understand is that these small signs can be hiding several serious signs of mental problems.
What are the common signs of mental illnesses?
- Long lasting mood swings: An alteration in mood swings that has been lingering for over two weeks is regarded as a strong indicator of a severe mental disorder in your child.
- Excessive level of worries and fears: Worries and fears in kids are rampant in children during their early years. Kids also have a fear of being separated from their parents, and if you find that it is more than normal levels, then it is a reason to worry about.
- Extreme changes in behaviour: Sometimes kids try to test whether or not they are able to get away with doing something that doesn’t comply with their parents’ wishes. When you notice that your child does this on a regular basis, it is important to seek professional help.
- Physical changes, including either weight gain or loss: This can be attributed to psychological alterations and requires to be addressed before it is too late.
- Remarkable lack of focus: If your kid is unable to concentrate on anything for over a month, it is a potential symptom of mental agony.
- Severe mood swings: Though this is common, it must never be neglected, especially when there is no reduction in its intensity.
- Loss of appetite: If your child is not eating properly, you must speak with a doctor to find out the root cause of the problem.
- Self-destructive symptoms: Some kids try to harm themselves, and if this issue is left unaddressed, he or she may try to make an end to life too.
- Withdrawn: When your child is not taking part in daily activities for many days, you must take him or her to a counsellor.
- Picking up fights: This is quite common, but that doesn’t imply that you can neglect this sign in any way.
The researchers at the Harvard Medical School have recently found that about half of all the long-term mental illnesses begin by the age of 14 years. The most common mental illnesses in kids include substance use disorders, depression and anxiety, conduct disorder, autism spectrum disorders, disruptive behavioural disorders and oppositional defiant disorder. As a concerned parent, you can easily reduce the severity of the mental illness of your child by being attentive to the common warning signs in your child and seek help from the professional psychologist.