Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh GogiaYour feedback matters!
I have suffered with fever from over five days also I have pain in my haed and feeling very much weakness. Then what should I do?
I am 20. I want to add 2 inches more to my height. I was smoking and stopped two months back because it doesn't support growth. And also I masturbate 4 times a month. I think masturbation doesn't effect is it? Some doctors in this app suggested me to take pills like baryta carb 30 and five phos 6x. Does it work? I do meditate, swim and also do stretching exercise daily. My growth has stopped 6 months back. Does doing those activities along with this help me out? Does the pills have negative effects also? Those pills effect my growth in negative manner? Can I grow with this 2 inches more? Please do ans me for every questions I have asked. And how many tablets do am I supposed to take and when and how much?
I'm a 36 yr old female. My vitamin b12 level is 153.5 pg/ml and my vitamin d3 level is 5.10 ng/ml. Should I be worried. I got the tests done to confirm if my overweight problem is due to vitamin deficiency. My current weight is 113.5 kgs.
I have some dark spots on my shoulder from one year, I have tried many creams but black spot still persist, what should I do?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of a patient. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those women who are close to or going through menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes include loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beam to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Age 39 years nine months marriage, not able to conceive. From last six months visited several gynae, my all reports are normal. There is little pcod detected. doctor suggested metformin and ovagrace sachets to take daily for three months. Kindly guide me will this medication will help me to conceive? I am very tensed since all my hormones as per doctor are normal. Thyroid is 3.
*refrain from consumption of alcoholic drinks before bed.
*avoid large meals and beverages late at night.
*it is good to exercise, but not too late in the day.
*don't take naps after 3 p.m.
*have the right sunlight exposure.
*take a hot water bath before going to bed.
*relaxation before going to bed helps.
*a good sleeping environment can be helpful.
*don't stay awake for long time in bed.
*say no to late-night television.
Follow a sleep schedule and visit a doctor if you continue to have difficult sleeping.