Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BirmanYour feedback matters!
I think I am having a serious type of mental illness . I am feeling depression from few months . I have lost my interest in studies . For a moment I feel happy then suddenly I feel depress. I am also getting sucidial thoughts. Most of the time I want to quit everything . I searched on wikki and found this a clinical depression! I am living in a place where I can not consult to Dr. For this . Please I need help . Rather telling me to go to Dr. Or consulting Lybrate Dr. personally that I can not afford now . Tell me some self doable things for that. Seeking for your reply . Thanks.
A friend of mine is a alcoholic. I want to help him leave his addiction towards alcohol as it is now making his life a mess. He has been drinking daily since 3 years non stop. Please suggest something. Also I want to check if there is some lever problem or some other problem to him. how do we do that?
As asked previously I have swelling on my right hand on upper part with acute pain. I am suffering from type 2 diabetes. Is diabetes reason for the same. Kindly reply.
Hello ,I am 37 years old. Actually due to lot of stress of studies. I am not able to take proper sleep. I am only able to take 4 hours sleep. May be because of this am having headache full day. So what should I do?
Sir/madam I'm breathing well I hav no breathing problem but my mind is going in that way that im breathing well or not is due to stress or what.
I am 28. Suffering from extreme fatigue, tiredness, lathergy. And anxiety, panic, nervousness. I have hypothyroidism, vit d deficiency, iron defficiency. Very much disturbed in mind. Want to know anxiety causes physical problem or physical problem leads to anxiety. What is my actual problem. What is the remedy ?
Is there any problem with me because I don't feel compassionate about my dad. Recently he met with an accident and instead of asking how he is I was watching movie.Please tell.
Dear sir, I am in a problem my girlfriend broke up the relationship with me and I am like a mad now what is the solution? Please advise.
I am a hosteler ,I cannot manage my expenses and every month I got short of money ,because of this my parents are very annoying with me,they have stop giving money,I donot want to borrow from friends,I am getting depressed,now what I should do?
Dear sir/ madam I want to consult as I am very upset n depressed and feeling very much lifeless. I had a boyfriend we had a good relationship But by mistake I took my ex boyfriend name in front of him not once but 4 to 5 times. Earlier at calls n once in front of him. My past relationships was of 4 years. Taking my ex boyfriend name was not at all intentional and I didn't even realize. I made him understand that ill improve this but he got fedup n broke up. After breakup he had sex with a girl .and he himself came to me and told this I got really shattered N his reply was he had sex because of my actions that is taking my ex bf name. But he do not realize that I blocked my ex boyfriend long back wen I was wid him. Wat is this? Does taking name was so extreme. I am very much depressed I am not able to understand this. Thinking all this I am not able to concentrate on my work. I feel anxiety emotionally shattered.
Hi am 24 year old and I am suffering from a mental stress, specially after a biggest mistake in my past which change my life very bad (can't told) and also the fear of unsuccessful career, and unable to take decision easily I have done 12 2 in 2009 and so confuse about further studies and still not decide what to do and not able to find what actually I liked. All this make me under stress and it suffer me with several diseases. Pls help me with it.
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!
My teeth got misaligned and gums started decaying because of chewing tobacco and smoking can I get white smile back?
I'm not able to study for a longer time As well as not able to remember what I studied can you suggest me what to do for remembering.
Hi sir, I am 19 years old and I am in depression, I want to do suicide and thinking about it whole day but I can't, I gave my personal money to my friend but he didn't return me, its a big amount, my family don't know about it, if he will know, then he will beat me my last breathe. What should I do now.
For the past two centuries, Homeopaths have concentrated on the interconnection between psychology and physiology. It has been known for long that Homeopathy has no side effects on a person's overall health and thus it should be implemented in curing mental and physical stress. Mental stress may result from a person's coping skills. You may respond to stress in a wrong way and this further complicates your situation.
You may fail to control your instinctive reactions. Medications in Homeopathy can actually remedy disorders regarding stress management. In many cases, it has been noticed that a physiological disease has a psychological impetus to itself. For instance, people falling under the 'Type A personality' category are more susceptible to heart problems. Their heart problems can be serious enough to make them undergo bypass surgeries. An operation can be avoided if only reasons behind problems at the surface are understood. Patients belonging to the 'Type A personality' category can suffer from 'hurry sickness' with symptoms like bouts of anger, impatience, aggression and hurriedness. These factors together enhance the risk of having heart problems later in life.
The following medicines tackle disorders without any side effects;
- Homeopaths advise you to take Aconitum napellus to reduce physical stress. Aconite napellus is known to treat problems such as a dry mouth, an irritable skin, a pounding heart and so on so forth. This can even cure problems resulting from a traumatic episode in past.
- Another Homeopathic medicine prescribed to deal with anxieties about future is Arsenicum album. If you have fears about your safety, about certainty or about what future has in store for you, this medicine can help you out.
- The medicine Phosphorus is known to treat fears of being alone. Many people are afraid of being alone. They need company all the time. Phosphorus also tackles common fears such as fear of thunderstorms, fear of the dark or fear of ghosts for that matter.
- People facing anxieties about health or anxieties about death often evade sleeping at night. They hallucinate and see apparitions. Mental stress therefore leads to physical stress. Kali- arsenicosum is one Homeopathic medicine to take care of such problems.
Homeopathy as an alternative branch of medicine, comes to your relief without causing other bodily problems during the course of treatment. Hence, to fight mental or physical stress you must try out Homeopathy.