Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajender Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Rajender KumarYour feedback matters!
Prevention is better than cure, and this is the absolute truth when it comes to battling Diabetes
If you want to prevent Diabetes from occurring within in your family and friends than you should understand and remember the basics of it.
Diabetes mellitus is neither a singular nor isolated form of occurrence. It a group of diseases, marked by high blood sugar levels which occurs when our body is unable to produce and utilize insulin optimally. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas and it is important to maintain blood sugar.
Common symptoms of Diabetes include
1. Increased thirst and Urination
2. Increased Hunger
3. Weight loss
5. Blurred Vision
6. Extreme craving (for fatty and sugary food items)
Uncontrolled Diabetes can lead to complications such as Blindness, Loss of Memory, Kidney malfunction, Fatty Liver, Heart Disease, Nerve Damage leading to Amputations.
Type 2 Diabetes is most common variety. it develops when the body fails to utilize the insulin properly and is most commonly now found in overweight children.
Here are 5 ways you can prevent it
1. Curb it young: Forget the myth that children cannot get diabetes. Today, children as young as 12 years of age are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. Introduce a healthy diet routine for the children as well as for adults in the family. Children are known to emulate what they learn from their elders and thus it is imperative that inculcate healthy eating habits in them right from childhood.
2. Stay Stress-free: Reduce stress in daily life. Stress causes sudden surges in insulin levels.
3. Workout: Exercising regularly helps to keep diabetes at bay.
4. Say No to junk food: Keep Junk Foods restricted to once or maybe twice a month. These days almost all restaurants offer healthy but tasty options to choose from and therefore family or business outings can no longer be an excuse to indulge in heavy, calorific food that is devoid of any real nutrition.
5. Mind your weight: If you are more than 5 Kgs overweight, then please consider going on a diet immediately to reduce sugar levels in your body. Not only would you feel more energetic but also more ‘alive!’
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hey Doc, I think I'm facing a sexual problem. I am too much of a sex addict. My genital is too much sensitive. It erects to little feelings, everyday I masturbate for like 4-5 times a day and I always feel like having sex. This is making my life miserable. I'm not able to concentrate on my Job and studies. The last time I had sex was on feb 2016. And I always face a problem while ejaculation. I ejaculate very late at times which makes me tired while having sex as well as masturbation. What to do?
I always face problem in winter season. I suffer from cold, cough, sensation in nose and respiratory system, watering eyes, itching in nose and eyes. After bath eye redness.
My wife age is 53 years. Today she went for normal regular checkup tests. Fasting range 120 mg/dl (normal range = 70-100 mg/dl) and post lunch range is 178 mg/dl (normal range = 70 - 140 mg/dl). Pls doctors suggest me she need to start diabetes tablets? Or she don't need to take tablets? Or she can do diet exercise without taking tablets? Pls doctors reply me.
Urinary incontinence is a problem that can affect anyone. Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control or the ability of a person to control his/her urine output. It is an embarrassing problem as the urgeto urinate and lack of bladder control can occur even when you are in the middle of something important. This condition is classified by its severity and ranges from the occasional urine leakage to the discharge of urine so suddenly that the person will not be able to make it to the toilet in time.
Symptoms and types:
The symptoms of urinary incontinence are to do with urine output, and can be categorized by minor leaks of urine to moderate amounts. In some cases, the urine discharge can be sudden. This condition is more common among the elderly.
Types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress incontinence: The leakage occurs when you are exerting pressure on your bladder, and can include instances of coughing, sneezing, exercising or even lifting something heavy.
- Urge incontinence: There is an intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine. The sensation or urge to urinate will be often. This can occur throughout the night too and can cause discomfort both physically and mentally.
- Overflow incontinence: This is experienced when your bladder does not empty completely. As a result, you would be experiencing constant dribbling of urine. No matter how many times you go to the toilet, the dribbling will continue.
- Functional incontinence: This type of incontinence is caused by an impairment, disorder or condition that prevents you from making it to the toilet in time. For example, if you are elderly or if you have severe arthritis, you may not be able to reach the bathroom in time.
- Mixed incontinence: This happens when you experience more than one or two types of the above mentioned urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease, but could be a symptom of an underlying condition. Do consult with your physician if you notice these symptoms and get treated for it. A simple urinalysis will help to determine and diagnose infections and other disorders causing this condition.
There are many factors that can put you at risk. Most involve everyday habits and the food that we eat. There are certain drinks such as alcohol, caffeine, aerated drinks, and chocolate drinks that can also stimulate your bladder and can increase the output of urine temporarily. Reducing your intake of these beverages particularly at night and limiting your intake of spicy foods could help you deal with this condition.
Making a few healthy lifestyle changes such as maintaining a healthy weight and regular exercises to strengthen the pelvic region can help to prevent conditions such as urinary incontinence. Watch what you eat and curb your intake of acidic and spicy foods. Also, limit or reduce your consumption of foods high in preservatives. Quit smoking and reducing the intake of alcohol will also be beneficial.
Coping with urinary incontinence can be embarrassing. Hence talk to your doctor about it and get medical attention immediately. Using adult diapers could help reduce the stress and embarrassment involved with this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!