Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rajender GuptaYour feedback matters!
My 60 year old dad faces difficulty in breathing on doing any form of activity like after walking for some time, he gets breathing problem. We checked with the local cardiologist, he did ECG, x-ray, a few blood tests etc, but nothing came out. So he ruled out any heart related problem. All I know is he has gastric problem and no other ailment. Please help me with what to do.
Hi I'm suffering sugar problem. Same time I have high cholesterol also. What type of diet suggested to avoid such issues. I doing exercise daily.Please tell.
My friend is 21 years old female. She ate some pieces of bangles before 1 month. But now her stomach is very paining. She don't want to go to Clinic or Hospital. What should she do? Please refer household remedies. Your information can be very useful and helpful for her and me too.
My blood pressure varies too much. Sometimes I find it 170/100. At other times I find it 87/65. At this time, normally I feel dizzy. I am very healthy and all parameters are normal.
I am 30 years of age. Have no baby yet however trying conceive for last three months. This month I have missed my period and have breast pain and sometime pain in the stomach feels like as if the periods will start however they don't. Can it be a sign of pregnancy.
I never go to doctor for this problem? Its about my pimple on face? I do not know its curable or not? Please help me.
How to know about coming pregnant. My periods are January 22nd, but my periods are not coming in February month, at that time my husband are not with me he is in other country because of job perpus, he comes in March 15 th, my periods are not come this time. But my feeling is I am pregnant, please tell me answer.
Hi Doctor, I have query, My daughter has age @ 13, Now she is studying in class 8th. We are little bit more concern about her Menstruation start. Still she has not get start Menstruation. What are the basic problem to start late Menstruation. We are planing to go and concern to Dr.(Gynaec). But before we are know all, Can you please guide us.
I'm 22 years old female. I have blackness around my lips. How to get rid of this. Please suggest me.
I suffer from severe acne. Now the pimples have subsided but they have left scars. How do I remove these scars. I have oily skin.
What are the symptoms of malaria. How it is caused? What are the remedies after someone is affected by it?
Hair loss, as the name itself implies, refers to the loss of hair from scalp / head; another term used to describe this is alopecia. It is a broad term that also includes thinning of hair. While genetics plays a vital role in this condition that afflicts both men and women, there are several other factors that are involved in bringing on this problem in people. In order to understand the reasons for hair fall better, it is essential that you learn about the various growth stages of hair.
The hair growth cycle consists of three phases:
- The first phase is the anagen phase, which is an active phase in which the hair grows. This phase lasts for around 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase is the catagen phase. The catagen phase immediately follows the anagen phase and lasts for around 10- 14 days during which the hair stops getting blood supply and becomes dead.
- The third and the last phase is telogen phase, which is a resting phase. In this phase, the dead hair falls out and the hair follicles remain in rest or inactive stage for about 2-3 months.
After completion of last stage, the entire cycle is repeated. Each single hair undergoes these three phases of growth independent of the other hair on the scalp. Normally, at a given point of time about 90% of hair is in the anagen phase and only 10% is in the telogen phase. When this ratio is altered, it leads to increased rate of hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any age, and can be prevalent in both males and females. Hair loss in itself is not a disease, but a sign that often indicates various other diseases. Hair loss occurs as a result of various diseases or factors and in different patterns.
The various causes / factors leading to hair loss include:
Skin diseases affecting the scalp like fungal infection of scalp known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea (dandruff), eczema of scalp, or lichen planus.
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes including those that occur after childbirth and during menopause
- Nutritional deficiencies due to a diet that lacks iron (leading to anemia), and also lack of protein intake
- Recovery from acute fever like typhoid and erysipelas leads to diffuse hair loss
- Drug use like the ones that are used in treating high blood pressure, joint pains, cancer, or depression. Anagen effluvium refers to the condition of hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient
- Physical trauma / injury to head
- Emotional trauma like constant stress or grief due to loss of a family member / close friend
- General diseases like diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, Hypothyroidism, or AIDS
- Auto-immune related hair loss in which the hair cells are mistaken for a foreign body and are destroyed by the immune cells of the body
- Hairstyles like tight braids or ponytails where the hair is tightly pulled backwards leading to traction alopecia; indiscriminate use of hair colors and hair straighteners
- Trichotillomania, which is a mental disorder in which the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
Homeopathy for hair growth
Although hair loss is not a life threatening condition, but it can be a source of constant stress and worry in the people affected by it. A person suffering from hair loss possesses lower self esteem and self confidence level, and also feels embarrassed when in company of other people. Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In Homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases.
Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy, detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. and these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient. Following is the list of homeopathic medicines for hair loss treatment that can be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.