Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajendarYour feedback matters!
Need to know natural ways to reduce acne and septic pimples on face And how make face smooth? Note: I have oily skin.
Hi Dr. I am suffering since last few days of my anus Pain. I found some singing blood after Littering 2 days ago. And then continue lite pain around of my anus opening after release stool. Please tell sir.
I am 24 year old female, I am having pimple problem from my teenage only but now I have deep scars which look so ugly, please ma'am let me know that can I ever have smooth skin without any marks if yes let me know what should I do.
Hi I work for 21/14 hours a day. Result; I got dark circles and face does not have glow any more. Please help if you can help me with glow on face and remove dark circles.
I am having a burnt left hand. It got burnt when I was of three years old. I can't bend my wrist down because of tension I am feeling on my arteries most probably because it's growth has got slower than my hand. Also I want my hand look normal as the skin has damaged. So what can I do with the arteries and the skin.
My skin is getting dark and spots in my face and I am unable to loose my weight what may be the problem.
My husband age is 49. Whenever he has any wound or even a little cut in any part of the body it takes very long time to heal up. Why is it so. Please advice.
Hii doctor, I am pinky using melacare from past 4 years i got good complexion looking so fair, now my skin getting thin, wn I leave this cream m going loose my complexion. I want to leave this cream without loosing my colour and any side effect pls help me begg m mentally depressed,
I have some skin problems. Is that some kind of infection? I feel itchy all over my body. When there is some temperature difference in weather. Help me.
Hi, I am 28 years old male. I have acne scars on my face. There are some spots visible on skin. Skin got damaged due to this. What is the treatment I can opt? Thanks in advance.
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
My Son Jatin is 12 years & facing a problem of SKIN converting in dark black/brown. It starts from stomach & moved on whole body & face also. Under Treatment of Skin Specialist doctor no result came and a homeopathy doctor said that the melanin is increasing heavily in the body. another doctor treated the cause that was stomach worms and now from last 6-7 month regular medicine is going on & melanin as said started decreasing. I need more help on this.
From last few days, my body is drying so much, and my lips also so much dry, is this A. C. Effect? What should I have to do?
Moles are a common form of growth or formation on your skin that appear often in the form of small, black spots. They can develop anywhere on the body. They usually occur during adolescence or childhood and with the passage of time, they may change colour. Moles are a type of skin growth, which usually do not go away with time.
On the other hand, freckles are often described as round, flat, dark colour spots which vary in size from about 2mm to 4mm. They may result from pigment precipitation in one particular area as the skin that surrounds the dark spot is comparatively lighter in shade. Being sensitive to the sun’s ultra violet rays, freckles become more noticeable during or after sunlight exposure. Although freckles are usually found in areas which are not covered from the sun’s exposure, they could also occur anywhere on your body.
What causes them?
Moles are caused due to certain skin cells, known as melanocytes, grow in a very close group instead of being evenly and normally spread across the skin. Moles that occur during birth are called congenital nevi and their chances of occurring are around 1 in a 100. These moles are more prone to develop into skin cancer (melanoma) in later stages of life.
Freckles on the other hand are
- Genetically transferred, so the chance of you becoming affected are higher, if any of your parents have it.
- If there’s a prolonged exposure to the sunrays, then freckles may appear on your skin and they become even more prominent on a fair skin. Since the presence of melanin is less in people with fair skin the sunlight exposure causes these dark spots to surface easily
- Hormonal imbalances could be yet another reason for freckles to appear as estrogen could be over-stimulate cells that produce pigment and thus become more prominent in the presence of sunlight.
- Rare disorders like Xeroderma Pigmentosum (a condition leading to extreme light sensitivity and also skin cancer in certain cases) can make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays, thus resulting in freckles.
Treatment of moles and freckles
- Laser Treatment: There are different types of lasers which are absolutely safe and can help reduce or lighten these dark spots effectively.
- Cryosurgery: The physician would use a light freeze in conjunction with liquid nitrogen to reduce the spots of freckles. However, not every spot responds to this kind of treatment.
- Retinoids: Mostly used with a combination of other bleaching creams, retinoids help reduce freckles when used continuously for a couple of months.