Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev TewariYour feedback matters!
Hello. I have black spots on face so how to remove that and also a black spots of spectacles. How to remove that black spots.
Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon medical condition that results in skin ulcers. It can affect both men and women irrespective of their age, but is commonly seen in people above fifty years of age. Pyoderma gangrenosum is auto inflammatory and autoimmune in nature, generally affecting your legs.
Though the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown, yet there are certain conditions that can trigger its development on your skin.
Causes are mentioned as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn's disease (a disease related to your digestive tract)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Blood cancer
- Cut or skin injuries
- Ulcerative colitis( a digestive tract disorder)
- Myeloid metaplasia( anemia with white and red immature cells in circulation)
- Myelogenous leukemia ( a type of cancer affecting growth of immature blood cells)
- Liver inflammation or hepatitis.
- Damaged skin
Pyoderma gangrenosum may initially appear to look like an insect bite. But there are other symptoms that can help you to identify and distinguish it from an insect bite.
The common symptoms are as follows:
- Painful sores
- It may start as small pimples
- Reddish or purple lumps or blisters
- Sometimes the bumps may be pus-filled also
Pyoderma gangrenosum can spread very rapidly and cause skin ulcers to become severe. So it must be treated as soon as diagnosed.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments.
- Administering corticosteroid drugs through injection.
- Pain relief medicines.