Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev SethYour feedback matters!
Hello sir My son Age 14 month. Weight 7 kg He can not sit. When I check him at orthopedic surgeon He says no treatment can do. Sir please tell me what I do M in so tense. Please suggest me.
My grand daughter (40) days old cries every day late evening time. I have consulted leading pediatrician . Some nosal drop and suspected cold and some medicine for spazams is given but till this crying continues. Please suggest.
Hello Dr. My 2 months old son is allergic to lactose and fructose. .now he is on soy formula zerolac But I have seen a lot of side effects of soy famula milk please tell me in detail what is I do now? ?
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
Hi there. My baby is just 22 days old. N she hasn't pooped for 2long days and today is the 3rd day. Earlier also we witnessed the same condition n I gave her bonnisan syrup from 2nd day and on 3rd day night she pooped. Again from 4th day she hasn't. As I stopped it as I didn't want it to become a habit for her. What could be the reason? N what should I do now.
My newborn is 17 days old today. He had jaundice on 4th day measuring 16.97. After phototherapy it reduced to 8.9 on 8th day. We got it tested again on 16th day and came out to be 12.28. Doc has said that its ok. I am getting massage daily from dai which is typical indian practice post partum. I want to know is it possible that it might be affecting his recovery. I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby and he is pooping and passing urine normally. Doc said that we have blood group incompatibility I am o+ baby is b + and hubby is ab+.What shall I do speed up my babies recovery. By what time shall I expect him to recover?
Son is 3 years old and has the habit of keeping his tongue out most of the time. Was advised to wait and it will go with time but it doesn't seem to be improving. He speaks a lot and I don't see a problem with his speech except inability to say 'r' sound.
My son 12 years old, his motion is not free, he goes to later en one in a 3 or 4 days, he omits bad gas every 10 mins. So please cure his problem permanently with food and medicine or physical exercise. His wt is 30 kgs.
Hello doctor, I have a child of four years old, he has 9points of hemoglobin how can I improve blood in his body, children they cay not eat green leaves etc, can I give him cerelac again. Please give me the answer quickly.
My six year old boy child go to potty when come potty with blood and some body part see out his way of potty. What are medicine and ciplactin syrup given.
My daughter age 12 month, weight 20, she born twins one boy one girl. From one year she is suffering from whizing problem. Any right precaution to avoid inhaler.
My daughter is 6 years old. She is a patient of ahd (size 10mm). My question is which one is the best option either open heart surgery or a device? how long she will be admits in hospital? and what is the cost? please Reply.
My baby is four months old. She always put her fingers into her mouth and starts sucking it. When she passes motion I can notice many hairs in it. I fear that it can cause infection or can disfigure her face especially her teeth. Can I give her soother or how can I stop her habit.
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.