Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Seth
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev SethYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from insomnia for the last 10 days. Normally I sleep 6 to 7 hours a day. But due to some unknown reasons I am facing this disorder.
My right leg is always like senseless. Electric shock kind of a feeling. I have never felt like that. Is this because of exercise? Gym?
I am 21 years old, I have headache with pain in nerves. What should I do? And what can I do to increase my weight?
He is suffering from parkinson. How can we improve his voice because it's not clearly understood what he speaks.
I had a viral infection about 6 weeks ago. Ever since I have been experiencing some strange symptoms. Listed below Strange zap feelings in the chest Tingling in the top of the head Fatigue Palpitations Burping Pain in arms Pins and needles in hands Internal shaking These symptoms have only been occurring since having the viral infection. I am now over the viral infection but the above symptoms are a daily occurrence. I have been to multiple drs who have all performed blood tests and ECG. Nothing had been detected physically Please suggest something.
My mother has been suffering from glioma grade 3 since july 2015. Could you please let us know the symptoms for deterioration.
My brother is having brain stroke. What should be lifestyle for him and what supplement should he take? Thanks in advance.
Hello sir, I have problem of migraine and high blood pressure so what I do to control? Please tell me.
Sleeplessness is a common occurance expecially for people who follow a demanding and stressful urban lifestyle
There are few reasons for disturbed sleep it could be when people are overly stressed their bodies are in an alert mode andsk they find it difficult to fall asleep or when they have medical conditions like heartburn or indigestion. Sleep deprivation may leads to many other psychological and physiological problems including low performance low level of alertness impaired memory. Severe sleep disorders can also be related to heart attacks strokes and high blood pressure
I feel pain in left side of groin area often in mornings and while having a walk. I only get relieved after resting for sometime. I consulted a urology doctor, treatment did not work. My prostate is normal. I want to know whether it is a neurological, orthopedic, or related to urology. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
What are the causes of facial nerve problem and bell's palsy and what is the solution cure from these?
Im a epilepsy patient before after that I went medication under neuro doctor. Now im completely fine. Can I get marry, have sex and Kids in My Life? Is that okay for me and my children. Please assist me.
My father is 63 years old. He has got his brain MRI done. MRI report suggest the chronic ischemic white matter changes. Doctor has prescribed an additional medicine to dilute the blood. Please let us know if the problem is small or big. Thanks.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.