Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev RathiYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor My age is 32 Is it good to take zandu pancharishta tonic for acidity and gas and tight feeling in chest.
I sometimes feel palpitations anytime of the day. It's very severe when it happens. What should I do?
I am 48 year old man non diabetic. My blood pressure is 130/90 for past 3 months. Should I start Taking blood pressure medicine. I am already taking Thyronorm 150 mg everyday morning. Kindly suggest.
My age is 24. I am preparing for civils .My BP is at 140/90. I am little overweight and in stress. Thyroid and kidney tests are normal. Do I need to take medication?
I sometimes got vibration in my heart and body and I have remembering problem too. What should I do?
CPR is used when someone get Cardiac arrest. But how to apply CPR without knowledge if person is unconscious due to cardiac arrest or some other reason? If someone become unconscious without having complaint about anything?.
Sir my mother suffering with weakness, sweating, heart beating goes to 78 daily some times goes down also. She is a diabetic patient and unable to take food also. Some times take food. No sleeping at night. Her age is 72. There is no other complications. Please guide us.
My name is karthik age 24 law student Weight 48 kgs, Height 162.5 Cm, chest 80 cm, my question is my weight is 48 kgs since 6 years there is no change at all, I want to gain my weight upto 60 kgs and chest upo 90 cm for good physic, please suggest any nutrition food to gain weight within short time.. Thank you...
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.
Can I have heart problems even though I have normal blood pressure that's anywhere from 120/80 and normal cholesterol range. The reason I ask is I am always getting these sharp pains in my left chest area and from time to time I get pressure in my chest that goes all the way across my chest. I am a 29 year old male non drinker non smoker 5 ft 7 inch and 72 kg.
When I test for lipid profile the result always shows high triglyceride but the cholesterol level is within the limit or on threshold level. I am taking rosuvastatin 20 mg daily after dinner. Is that the right medicine I am taking? Looking for your kind advice.
I am 21+ male for a fews days iam suffering from heart pain I can't lift any heavy thingh please advise.
She is having some chest pain like for a period of time. It occurs time to time. I don't know whats happening. Is she having a gastric problem or what? I can't figure it out.
I am 56 years old male patient. I have been suffering from DCM with LVF since 2011. DDR machine is set up by SSKM I am too weak to walk, have breathing problem. What should I do? Is there any proper treatment for that?
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that’s found in all cells of the body. The term cholesterol is often directly related to a heart condition. But the truth is that not all types of cholesterols are harmful for your body. It is important that one knows about the different types of cholesterol, having healthy levels of both types of lipoproteins is important, deal with them appropriately and lower the chances of having a stroke or getting a heart disease. Bad cholesterol levels can be high in people irrespective of them being thin, if it is genetic or if they are smokers.
Types of Cholesterol.
The Bad One:
LDL cholesterol sometimes is called “bad” cholesterol. A high LDL level leads to a buildup of cholesterol in your arteries. Lowering your cholesterol may slow down, reduce, or even stop the buildup of plaque in your arteries. It also may reduce the risk of plaque rupturing and causing dangerous blood clots.
The Good One:
HDL cholesterol sometimes is called “good” cholesterol. This is because it carries cholesterol from other parts of your body back to your liver. Your liver removes the cholesterol from your body and is important for the body as it reduces the risk of heart attack, disease and strokes.
Cholesterol count of the body is counted by adding the two types of cholesterols (LDL and HDL) along with body's triglyceride level. Triglycerides are a type of fat found in your blood. Too much of this type of fat may raise the risk of coronary artery disease.
The level of your cholesterol shows the level of risk your body is in, to have a stroke or a heart condition. Other factors which determine the risk are whether the person is a smoker, diabetic, has high blood pressure along with their age, sex and race.
Cholesterol levels are affected by:
1. Genetics: Genetics have a direct effect on your cholesterol level. If the levels have been high in the previous generations, you are automatically at higher risk of this condition.An inherited condition called familial hypercholesterolemia causes very high LDL cholesterol.
2. Age and Weight: Once we cross the age of 20, our cholesterol level starts to rise. Being overweight however is also a high risk factor of increased levels of bad cholesterol in the body as well as developing heart disease.
3. Lifestyle: Less or no exercise is another reason which reduces the good cholesterol in the body, as does being overweight. Regular exercise however reduces LDL and increases HDL in the body. Also a diet rich in saturated fats makes your LDL levels shoot up and puts you to higher risk.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.