Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev RanjanYour feedback matters!
I would like to know why doctors commonly prefer antidepressant rather than antianxiety drug for anxiety. I have anxiety Bt am on antidepressant. My anxiety does not go away. If antidepressant fails what should do? Can antianxiety drug would be help full?
Emotional disbalance is a permanent problem I am suffering from during before and after periods. I feel the whole world is against me. Help
How to resolve mind's obsession, fear,over thinking and dilema, I had huge problem in my life ,the problem is resolved ,every doctor has claimed nothing has happened ,but my obsession is getting over me, what to do.
Good morning doctor ,i am 24, i completed my graduation but i m not doing any job. I m going to study in abroad for msaters but i wasted 4 yrs of my valuable time without doing anything. I m feeling very depressed for what i m. I m having lot of problems at my home and with my girl. I m fully depressed for the on going problems. How can i overcome that ?
My husband 61 years old suffering from pain (Both hands, Knee, Heel legs and feels digging in hands) please advice what he should do?
My father is regularly drinking alcohol, he is drinks 2 bottles of alcohol in a day he started drinks in the morning and all day he will drink as much as ,please sir/mam give me some precipitation for totally stopping the habit of alcoholic drinks .Thanks.
I have recently got engaged. I feel she is very shy and me too blunt. What should I do to make her feel comfortable?
Hi I am from karnataka. actually my friend had a smoking habit. Now he was feeling very sick of smoking. Now he really want to quit smoking what should I do to help him.
My child is unable speak more words. He is active and communicating with non verbal signs. He speaks few words like ba, dha,Amma, atha,and puvvu. And he understand and follow our instructions when we ask him to bring water he will bring. Please help me I am worrying. But his age children are speaking better than him.
He have been suffering from walking and speaking problem since he was born. He can't walk like general once can walk (he can walk like a pressure on one leg actually right side arm and leg are perfect). And he also can't speak clearly as we speak. All the basic medicines he had taken like polio and all. What should he do?
Follow these simple ways for good EQ-
1) Get enough rest: Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
2) Adopt good nutrition: The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Aim for atleast30 minutes of exercise per day.
4) Get a dose of sunlight: Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of sun per day.
5) Limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Sir/madam, I am 40 years old women married and having a son, I get often depressed, I am living alone in chennai, I am very talkative some times on phone which some people do not like, I keep postponing my work, and cannot concentrate on what I want, but for other I deeply go through, my husband will be often get angry because of this attitude, I do not speak to any one in this flat after a fight, which left me in non peace situation, I do not have mother or father any body else to tell my feelings. I often even forget any thing keeping anywhere missing, a lot even in gas stove also. I have headaches nose, anemia, a lot of dental problem and implanting done. What is the solution. Everyone will tell to do yoga and meditation, but I wil do it for 1 o r 2 days and next I feel bored what should I do sir please help me, I was a teacher and active lady but now I can not, This is due to age or what else. Please suggest.
My mother 48 years old always has a pain in her right hand, during winter it increases even she cannnot uplift her hand. She is being treated with ayurvedic doctor but no result after 5 month treatment. So pls advice what to do now ?
Hi,am 45 year male,married have a 18 year son.From childhood used to write only in capital letters.Difficult to write in small caps & running letters.But from past years becoming difficult to write certain numbers like 3,6,8,9,0 and letters like B,S and few more.It takes more time to start & write above mentioned numbers & letters.Becomes more difficult to write if someone is watching me while writing, can't write correctly. Please suggest. Thanks Samir mehta
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.