Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Patra
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev PatraYour feedback matters!
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.
I m 20 years old and I have hydrosill from last 5 year. I also have a sore throat from last year. Now a days I m also getting disturb from night fall. It happen frequently 7-8 times in montth.
His nose Will block at evening everyday and he used to put nose drops It Wil be cured just temporarily and then he feels hot in ear at the time of evening itself what is the reason.
I have tonsillitis from 2 years but no pain. My aso titre is 400 and igE is 350. I take roxid 150 tab, cakiber m, rabon tab.
I am having snoring problem. While I'm sleeping I'm creating trouble to others. Please tell me how to overcome snoring problem.
Hi I am 26 year old male. 10 days before I brought seaguard from local medical shop. I am taking each one for everyday morning before breakfast. I having smoking habit daily 5-10 cigarettes lost 7 years. Now I am facing little problem during when I am try to speak having irritation on my vocal guard. I can't speak normal.
Have you been sneezing frequently? Have you been feeling congestion in the chest or have a stuffy, itchy or a runny nose? If yes, it is possible that you may be suffering from nasal allergy. It is an inflammatory reaction caused due to dust mites, animal hair, pollens, and pollutants. Individuals who suffer from nasal allergies experience symptoms like nasal congestion and sneezing which tend to last for the whole day. To get a relief from the symptoms of nasal allergy, you must observe the signs of allergy and consult with an ENT or Ear-Nose-Throat specialist for effective results.
If the nasal allergy symptoms are left untreated in the early stage, then it might gradually worsen over time. So, the best way to prevent other complications is by paying attention or recognizing the allergy signs instead of ignoring them. For your convenience, here you will get to know about some of the basic symptoms which might assist you in this regard.
Three primary symptoms which you must not ignore:
- The first and foremost symptom which is quite common is a stuffy or a runny nose. One of the best methods of treating congestion is by treating the allergy behind it. You must start avoiding allergy triggers. But, if you want to identify your allergy triggers, then you may seek the assistance of an allergist or an ENT specialist. If it is not impossible to avoid the trigger, then you must try to minimise your exposure to it.
- The next sign of nasal allergy which one must not leave untreated is sinus pressure. Sinuses are tiny cavities just behind a person's eyes, cheeks, and forehead. Due to allergy, mucus builds up in such areas, and the affected person feels pain and pressure. Over-the-counter nasal sprays or applying warm and moist cloth on the face might help reduce the pain. But, if the pain or pressure stays for nearly 5-7 days, then it will be a wise decision to visit a doctor.
- Another common symptom is itchy eyes. Though it is quite annoying, severe vision problems do not occur because of this symptom hence no need to worry. To relieve this symptom, one may try applying a cold wash cloth over both the eyes, consume prescribed or OTC allergy medications. Eye drops containing antihistamine also prove beneficial in this matter. Before administering any medicines or drops, it is best to consult with your physician.
Foods that might help prevent nasal allergy:
Warm fluids like hot tea or warm chicken soup or any other fluids assist in treating congestion. Studies suggest the fact that fish containing healthy omega- 3 fatty acids might prove beneficial in decreasing the risk of allergies. So, sufferers of nasal allergy might intake fish like salmon, mackerel, and tuna. According to some research, healthy bacteria termed probiotics which are present in yogurt may help slightly lower the symptoms of pollen allergy in kids.
So, the best way to deal with nasal allergies is by identifying the common symptoms and visiting an ENT specialist as soon as possible. The specialist may prescribe you the best treatment depensing on your condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!