Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
It is advisable not to take much water in between food which is essential for better digestion.
I am receiving jelly like bloody stool every time when I go to toilet. It is happening for 1 week. I don't know the reason. How to cure it?
hello doctor I am low bp patient. Sometimes I got faint and got unconscious than what should I need to do at that time. And how can I control it?
Hello sir I am sharvan I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from malaria problem so what should I do.
How can d daily intake of some essential nutrients be met like of zinc d daily intake recommended is 11 mg but its not much in our foods so do everyone has to take a daily multivit to compensate.
I am 43 years old I have diabetis and I am loosing weight my medication is glucophage 750mg and simwa 20mg.
My mother has severe headache in left side of head and left ear ,left eyes and in left cheek since 3 days. What may be the cause behind this. She already has hypothyroidism. Bt now thyroid hormone are in normal level. Is there any problems in hypothalamus. Plzz tell Dr. As I have gone to Dr. For this matter. They don't tell anything. Just common cold. Another problem is her body temperature is variable as compare to us. If we are feeling cold she felt hot and vice versa. Please help doc
Respected sir. My age is 40 year. My problem is flushing sweat on face while i am eating MEALS and spicy food. Every time since one year. Right side scalp face neck and head blushing sweat more. Sir i am feeling shame for blushing sweat on face. Kindly I request to you give me advice and suggest do need full treatment soon as possible. I am very thankful sir. Thanking you sir Regards.
I have a small penis and ven I have sex with my partner how do I know if she is completely satisfied or not and what can I do to pleasure her with my small penis.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.