Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev KapoorYour feedback matters!
I'm diabetic from past 4 years, Taking medication prescribed by Doctor, but from past 5-6 months stopped taking regular medicines, not taken any precautions for diet control also, Currently having high sugar levels and high cholesterol levels, according to current test reports, situation is worse, Also found Deficiency of Vitamin D.
I have bitten by a dog approximate three yrs ago but that dog is still alive. So does I have possibility to rabies? Please guide me.
I am 60 year old, neither diabetic nor hypertensive, not taking any medicine for any other purpose. But not having calm sleep in the night, can you suggest for any treatment or way of life style to be changed, I am a businessman.
I have some Tongue Ulcer Problem right from my childhood. I always face problems to eat hot food, spicy items. Due to this I consume a lot of water and also faces indigestion problems. Tried with allopathy doctors says no use of treatment. Homeopathy not much effective after a course of 6 months. Please suggest me.
My daughter suffered by epilepsy. Only two times one year before. Dr. prescribed to take, 500 mg levipil twice per day. morning 500 mg eve 500mg. Since one year seizure had not come. She is studying CA. CAN WE STOP TO TAKE MEDICINE. GANESH.
Sir, while having sex I ejaculate within 40 seconds of continuous intercourse, is this a serious medical problem. Suggest me the ways to overcome the problem.
I'm a 16 year old male and I think that my eyes are shrinking. I don't know how to express it but what I mean to say is I feel that my eyes have gone deeper inside the socket. I can feel the edge of my eye socket of if touch the lower part of it. My skin near my eyes are also becoming lose. My vision doesn't have any problem yet, still I went for a checkup and Doc said results will be in tomorrow. Is there a natural cure or I need to seek professional help. Thank you.
Blood in semen occurs due to a variety of factors. It is also called 'hematospermia.' It mainly affects men after 30 years of age. After 50 years of age, blood in semen is caused due to prostate enlargement. Blood in semen is caused due to injuries, inflammation and blockage near the male reproductive system. Blood in semen can be linked to other diseases which might not be known by the affected person.
What can cause blood in semen?
- Blood in semen can be caused due to infections, tumors and stones.
- Abnormal body structure generally due to an autism spectrum disorder can also cause blood in semen.
- Prostate biopsy (removal of tissues from the prostate region which produces semen) also leads to blood in sperm sometimes. Though this is temporary and heals within three to four weeks.
- Vasectomy is a procedure done on men, which involves making small holes or slits in the scrotum so that the sperm doesn't flow during ejaculation. This is mainly done to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Sometimes, vasectomy causes blood in semen.
- It is also caused by infections such as Herpes, Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis.
- Sometimes, there are kidney stones found in the prostate called calculi, this is the most common reason for blood in semen.
- Blood in semen can also be caused due to parasitic infection, tuberculosis or chronic liver diseases.
Symptoms of blood in semen:
- Immense pain during ejaculation.
- Pain during urination.
- Acute lower back pain.
- Low to mild fever.
- Swelling in the scrotum and testes.
- Tenderness in the scrotum, testes and groin area.
Diagnosing blood in semen:
- While diagnosing blood in semen physical examinations are performed. The doctor checks for inflammation, swelling, tenderness and signs of injuries.
- Sometimes sexually transmitted diseases also cause blood in semen. So, the doctor takes a blood test to see whether you have STD's or not.
- Urine testing is also performed to see if any bacteria or abnormalities are found in the urine.
- MRIs, ultrasounds and CT scans can also locate any obstructions in the pelvic area which might be a cause of blood in semen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.