Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev JainYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my back around my backbone from last two weeks. Please suggest me some precautions and medicine. Please help.
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I didn't have any vomiting issues till 9 weeks but now I am facing vomiting issue due to this I can't eat much. Also I have backache. How can I get rid of this.
About 2 year ago he have body joint pain then he take medicine regularly today's. Than one year ago he have other problem like eye dryness and mouth dryness .than we consult a eye specialist than he suggest a physician .we consult my city physician physician take many test but no result .we counsel Jaipur physician also. But no result .many doctor suggestions take high consultant like aims Delhi. We dispose many rupees but no solution found . What is this doses.
I am a male 76 years old and have pain behind my knees (tendons I think) for the last 6 months. I take pain killers now and then. It hurts when I stretch or bend my knees. Is there any remedy. Thanks.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden but develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
please help me with solution about stomach infection like dysentery and knee dukhane. What's solution about coming water in eyes in case of Winters?
I am suffering from leg pain only when I sleep af night. It's nothing when I play , walk but triggers only when I sleep.
I am 26 years old ,I'm suffering with neck pain and back pain ,if I seat down for 15 min or more I can't walk for an hour ,it's really paining lot while I walk ,plz suggest me some treatment for this.
My mother aged about 84 years is suffering from joint pain since more than 15 years. So many remedial treatment taken place. Even used sandha Sudha and oil of Patanjali but these treatment gives only temporary relief .I would like to say that, "Is there any medicine in Ayurveda which can give permanent relief from this disease to my mother"
My mom is 40 years old she is suffering from the neck pain and eye dryness even she cannot see properly what will be the reason.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for various types of Shoulder pain
- For Shoulder impingement or Rotator cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery) Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.