Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Gupta
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, Kindly note that my sister aged 58 years struggling with body swelling and knee and other joints pain. She can't even walk without support because of swelling. The main problem is she is having drug allergy. So she can't take any type of tablet. All reports are normal including CBC, SGOT, SGPT, bilirubin, urine, sugar except hb (9.3) & RA factor (border line) visited various hospital. Few Doctors are suggesting maybe chicken gunia but not sure. Kindly advice for the suitable solutions and specialist doctor to whom I suppose to visit. Uric acid & thyroid also normal. Kindly revert immediately Thanks.
I am having a little pain in right lumbar region, when I bend little or when I apply pressure by hand ,i have been gyming since twenty days.
Sir, hi. I slipped from the stairs of my house and got injured. We waited till the morning and go to a doctor nearby our house who is a bone and joint specialist Dr. Gagan deep. He started the treatment on 5th march'15 by immediately putting the plaster after an x-ray. Another x-ray was done by him after two days i. E. On 17th march'15 and had asked me to come after 45 days. On 20th april'15 he removed the plaster after another x-ray saying that now the bone is perfect. But I was not able to walk properly and the swelling persisted. We decided to take a second opinion. My friend then took him to Dr. Avasthi (ortho). That doctor clearly said that it was a day 1 surgery case and now also surgery is the only solution. One of my friend took me to a doctor Dr (physiotherapist). He also said that it was a clear case of day 1 surgery but we can cure it through physiotherapy. He suggested the following treatment: pneumatic compression walking brace and ambulatory training for the same. Waiting for early reply. Regards.
I have a shoulder dislocation problem which is recurring for every 2 to 3 years. What the preventive action shall be taken in order to avoid?
Patients suffering from most types of low back pain often need physical therapy as an conservative (nonsurgical) treatment option before considering other more aggressive treatments, including back surgery. The goals of physical therapy are to decrease back pain, increase function, and teach the patient a maintenance program to prevent future back problems.
Common forms of physical therapy include:
- Passive physical therapy (modalities), which includes things done to the patient, such as heat application, ice packs and electrical stimulation. For example, a heating pad may be applied to warm up the muscles prior to doing exercising and stretching, and an ice pack may be used afterward to soothe the muscles and soft tissues. Interferential therapy reduces pain and inflammation while ultrasonic therapy helps to accelerate the regeneration of new healing cells.
- Active physical therapy, which focuses on specific exercises and stretching. For most low back pain treatments, active exercise is the focus of the physical therapy program in later stages for strengthening of muscles.
I fractured by left olecranon and it has healed after operation with K wire and tension bands. I want to know the procedure for removal of K wire and tension band. How much time required to be in hospital and the pain involved. I am 53 years healthy male.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!