Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Gupta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 old age guy. I am having problem in getting full erection in penis. It gets excited and loose if I divert my mind for late ejaculation. What to do pls tell me. I want to make it hard strong and long lasting.
I am suffering from nausea for last 2 months, I also had medicines but that didn't worked, it is difficult to take 5 roti at meal. please suggest me.
I am planning for baby for last 3 years but my semen count is fluctuating it is showing 10 million and also I am facing erection problem for last 2 month. I have done varicocele veins surgery last year's please advise doctor has told for icsi treatment.
Problems with the arteries and veins present in the hands or legs can lead to vascular disorders. The arteries carry blood from the heart to other parts of the body in order to deliver nutrients and oxygen. The veins carry the blood back to the heart, after the nutrients have been used up. If these blood vessels of the arteries or veins become blocked or narrowed, it can lead to a vascular blockage.
A vascular blockage that occurs in the hands or legs comes under the category of Peripheral Artery Disease or PAD. These type of disorders are less common in the upper extremities of the arms or hands than in the lower extremities of legs. Few of the signs for the same are:
- Pain and difficulty in movement due to decreased blood flow
- Numbness or weakness of leg or fingertips
- Sores on the toes or feet
- If the blockage is deep, symptoms of redness, swelling, extreme pain or cramping can be experienced
- Abnormal color changes in the fingertips
- Ulcers or wounds that don’t heal
- Skin sensitivity problems when in cold temperatures
How can it be diagnosed?
The blockage can be detected by various methods namely-
- Physical Examination – Your doctor may find decreased pulse at armpit, wrist or fingers, full veins, masses, wounds or gangrene.
- Doppler or Ultrasound examination to determine the blood flow in the arteries and veins
- MRI Scan of the affected area to pay special attention to the blood vessels
- Cold Stress Test
- Arteriography to show clear blood vessel details
- Angiography to map blockages and narrowing of the arteries
What are the Risk Factors for Peripheral Artery Disease?
An individual is at risk for developing vascular blockages in the hands or legs if one or more of the following factors are present:
- Heredity Factors – A personal or family history of blood vessel disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Aging – People aged above 50 years and older are more prone to vascular blockage
Can it be treated?
Treatments for vascular blockage can vary depending on the age, cause of the blockage, intensity and overall well-being.
Treatments can include:
- Self-care – Reducing risk factors and making lifestyle changes to quit smoking, sedentary life or diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol management can reverse symptoms of vascular disease.
- Medications – A variety of drugs can be prescribed to lower the risk and progression of narrowing blood vessels or prevent blood clotting.
- Interventional Procedures – Minimally invasive surgery like saloon angioplasty, stenting or removal of artery plaque build-up.
- Surgery – If the blockage is severe, surgery may be performed to lessen the vessel narrowing, reconstruct the artery or tie it off, depending on the circumstances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!