Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev GoelYour feedback matters!
I can't sleep at night with lights off. Sometimes I feel very hard in breathing at night? please help me out.
My 3 year old daughter is suffering from cold and cough since last 10 days. Please suggest a good medicine and multivitamin for children.
I an 57 years of age have been suffering from chronic cough problem since last 12 years. Doctors called it is broncal azmatic and alerjetic cough disease which I have been suffering. I have been also suffering from sexual problems. My penis not hard, irritate at the tie of intercourse and short duration of time. Seeking proper advice as an early date.
I am suffering from sinusitis and I have too much cough problem. Kindly suggest me some medicines and exercise.
I am 19 years old I have cold and cough and keeps getting back in intervals of 5-6 days any idea what it is please suggest?
When blood clot blocks one or more arteries in your lungs the condition is known as pulmonary embolism. It can cause a decrease in the oxygen levels in your blood, damage to your lungs due to sudden restrictions in the flow of blood along with adverse effects on other parts of your body. Life threatening blockage can cause death if left untreated and you should immediately contact your health care provider to get proper diagnosis. Pulmonary embolism requires various lab tests and generally requires short time to resolve.
Symptoms: The symptoms of pulmonary embolism mainly depend upon many factors pertaining to your previous medical history. Pulmonary embolism varies with the size of your lungs, the size of the clots formed in your blood, and any other underlying history of the heart or lungs. That said, pulmonary embolism has symptoms which are not similar to any two persons and will vary accordingly.
The common symptoms however may include the following and you are advised to opt for a health checkup if these are persistent in your body:
- Cough along with bloody sputum is a common symptom.
- Shortness of breath, which will become worse as the days passes by. They will appear suddenly and cause huge discomfort in breathing.
- Chest pain which may give you the feeling of a heart attack. The pain will intensify when you sit to eat or cough. Deep breath will cause problems too and will not go away easily with exertion.
- Some other symptoms include fever, excess sweat, irregular heartbeat and dizziness.
Pulmonary embolism can be diagnosed by the following methods:
- Electrocardiography (also known popularly as ECG) to measure your heart's electrical activity and functioning.
- CT plumonary angiography is gold standard for diagnosing pulmonary embolism.
- Chest x ray, which is a common and non invasive test to check your heart and lungs as well as the problems with any bones surrounding them.
- ECHO can detect secondary changes in heart due to pulmonary embolism.
Treatment of pulmonary embolism can be done with medicines if it is detected at an early stage or also if the clot is small. However, if the size of your clot is problematic and blocks the blood flow to your lungs or heart then surgery may be necessary. Open surgery and clot removal surgery are common in the treatment of pulmonary embolism and will require good regular follow up check ups. Regular leg exercises will also reduce the chances of any underlying disease and you should hence consult your doctor.
I am suffering from dysentery continuously for two days along with fever and dry cough. I like to cure myself without tablets. I like to know first aid also.
I am suffering from asthma from last 2 years I am taking faracot200 rotacap tablet and levolin rotacap tablet is there any other tablet to get end of this disease please reply me as soon as possible I don't have asthma disease because of my mom is suffering from this disease that's why I am also suffering from same disease it's a genetic diseases so please give me the solution as soon as possible.
I am 32 year since a week I am feeling my heart beats run fast when I take rest Please let me what to do Thank you.
I am 21 yrs old male I was smoking from last 2 yrs right now I completely quit from it but I am suffering from'sukhi khasi' from almost 8-10 months.
Im suffocating from many days I do not hav asthma. After having my meal I suffocate and it is hard to breath. Please help me.
Continuous cough from 2 years, used all cough syrups and went through all the tests but nothing is found, can you suggest a good syrup for it or any other suggestion for it.
I have asthma and because of this I can not breathe properly so please suggest me ways to prevent it.
I am a 24 years old female. My cough is persistent since many months. I also have asthma and sinusitis. Due to the cough I suffer from vomiting and can't eat food. What should I do?
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.