Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajeevYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My grandfather had heart problem. And doctor advised for angiogram (stent placement. 10 months have been passed but he has still having pain in heart and also he was getting severe headache. Everytime he use tension tablet to get sleep in the night. So any problem with the stent or it will be normal.
Brief knowledge about causes of PCOS
I'm Dr. Sunita Gupta. I'm Consultant Gynecologist at Max Hospitals, Saket, and Panchsheel. Today I'm going to talk about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome consists of three symptoms. One is Anovulation. Anovulation means there is no egg formulation in the ovary. Second is Hyperandrogenism which an is excess of male hormones in the body, and third is Cyst in the body which is visible in the ultrasound. So the main symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are obesity. Most of the patients of Polycystic ovary have obesity. Obesity worsens the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and it is a vicious cycle and Polycystic Ovarian people have more obesity because what happens is that the female hormones get deposited in the fat and that's why there is deficiency of female hormone in blood of Polycystic patients and all that's why the male hormones starts dominating the system and all the male symptoms start appearing like acne, hair on the face or on he body, excessive hair on the body, irregular cycles. So, obesity is the main culprit in the patients. So, if they lose weight then all the symptoms regress because the hormone in the fat goes back to the blood and all the hormonal imbalance gets corrected and all the acne and facial hair everything will disappear.
Second thing is acne which is very common in Polycystic Ovarian patients. So many times patient go to a skin specialist for acne treatment and then they discover they have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So for acne is again because of male hormones in the blood and sometimes it a response to local applications which the skin specialist gives to them. But sometimes they need to take hormonal treatment. We give the oral contraceptive pills to these patients for correcting the acne. Basically the oral contraceptive pills have perfect combination of female hormones which your body, ovary should be producing. But the in case of Polycystic ovaries the ovary is producing more of male hormones, little bit more male hormones.
So once we give pills from outside the body gets the signal that there are enough hormone in the blood and there is no need to make any more hormone. So the ovaries stops working and the male hormones also stop getting formed and all the symptom then gets regressed till the patient is on he pills. Once the patients stops the pills again the ovaries take over, again the male hormone starts getting formed by the ovaries and again the symptoms may slowly appear. So once the patient has been kept on OCPs for 6 months she may become alright for 1-2 years and again the symptoms may come back.
So Polycystic Ovary disease is a not disease which can be cured by a 6 months treatment or a one week treatment like any fever or antibiotic you give and the patient becomes alright. This is a lifestyle disease which is going to be there for the rest of your life. You can keep it under control by having a healthy lifestyle or maybe taking some medication if required or you if let it go if you allow yourself to gain weight then it can become worse and get out of hand.
If you want to know anything more about PCOS you can contact me on Librate.com or Max hospital, Sanket and Panchsheel.
Hello, I am 22 yrs old girl I have been losing weight from past 2 months I dont feel hungry I get fever mostly is evening cannot eat anything. I get cramps in my leg feel very weak and feel vomiting also. Please suggest what to be done.
I am having sexual relation with my boyfriend and we do not use condom. I use to take I pill or unwanted 72 around once in 2 month approx. I want to know that bcoz of taking I pill or unwanted 72 will their be any complications or problem in future? Will their b any prblm for baby in future? If yes wat problems can happen in future? please give me the detailed answer. About what can happen in future.
I am always getting cold, running nose cough & saliva. Nearly more than 30 days it's getting often .& throat infection. This is first time. The cold stop & start once again. Please suggest me what will problem & what to be do.
I am diabetic from 21 years taking human mixed insulin 30/70 -32 unit in day I am diabetic from 21 years , in 2010 years we had hart stained by ballooning process in kolkata. Now taking human mixed insulin 30/70 -32 unit in day.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!