Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Chawla
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Exude Confidence With Invisalign-Clear And Virtually Invisible Solution For Straightening Your Teeth.
Invisalign The Clear Alternate to Braces
The Invisalign System is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative approach to effectively straighten teeth. Invisalign treatment uses a series of custom made removable aligners with unique Smart Force technology that gradually moves your teeth to the ideal position.
How does the Invisalign System work?
Step1- Initially, your Invisalign-trained doctor will take photos, Xrays if required. Then a digital scan or impression is taken to create treatment plan.
Step2- these records are used along with the treatment prescribed by your dentist to create a customised 3D treatment plan just for you. You will be able to see the final position your teeth are predicted to reach after your treatment. This plan is used to develop your customised aligners and also estimate the likely length of your treatment. You can decide to proceed for the treatment at this stage.
Step3-The customised aligners will be manufactured and shipped to your doctors office.
Step4- Your series of custom made aligners will be given to you(typically 3-4 sets a time) for you to wear everyday n change as told by your doctor.
Step5-You will be visiting your doctor 6-8 weeks to monitor the progress and receive the next series of aligners.
Step6- After you have finished with the treatment, you may need to use retainers to help make sure the new position of your teeth are maintained.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable ,making it easier to brush, floss and maintain your oral health.
- Invisalign treatment may give you visible results from as early as the first month of treatment.
- Attend functions and events in confidence as Invisaligns are virtually invisible, nobody would notice you are having your teeth straightened.
- Or you can take them off for few hours and wear them again post your meeting.
- With doctor visits only every 6-8weeks, Invisalign clear aligners are ideal even for a hectic lifestyle.
- Craving a snack? Since Invisalign clear aligners are easily removable,you have the freedom to eat, chew and drink whatever you like.
Gapped Teeth- when there is considerable space between at least teo of your teeth, and can cause gum problems.
Crossbite- When upper and lower jaws are both misaligned and reverse leading to wear n tear n thus bone loss
Overbite-when upper teeth bite over lower teeth.
Underbite-when lower teeth protrude past the front upper teeth ,preventing normal function
Overcrowding-when there is lack of room with in jaw for all your teeth to fit normally, leading to plaque accumulation thereby weakening gums.
Open bite- when upper and lower teeth are unable to make physical contact when the jaws are closed, making chewing and even talkin difficult.
I am suffering from uvula ulcer from past 5 days it is not allowing me even drink, eating is a way long I took the medication itraconazole, luliconazole, clotrimazole to cure ringworm but I have stopped them from 10 days and I took becosules for current ulcers but it is not helping.
I am 24 year female. 8 months pregnant. I have 2 questions to ask. 1.From past few days I am feeling pain in ear. If I bite something from teeth I am feeling the pain. May I noe what is the reason? And what remedy can I take. And 2. From yesterday night I am feeling the numbness in my right hand thumb and light pulling of nerve may I know why is it? And what precautions to be taken. Waiting for your answer.
I am also suffering from the bad breathing smell problem and power too. My tooth aches so badly that it causes headache. Guide for better tips and dentist too so that I can fill the decay tooth.
I brush daily but when I drink water I feel vary cold in teeth and smell come from the mouth please help me.
Doctor, my teeth is uneven. What should I do to make my teeth even. Does it effect to nervous system?
The gums are also called the periodontium - perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition, they also have an esthetic value with the healthy pink color. The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms:
- Fiery Red gums
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding from the gums: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- Pus from the gums when the gums are pressed
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Sensitive teeth
- Loosening of the tooth/teeth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention:
Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene.
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health.
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health.
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment.
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planning may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection.
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and visit a dentist regularly.