Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have a problem in my teeth, some teeth have cavities, so tell me that how I protect my teeth, suggest me any toothpaste.
Sir, I am having problem of bad breath for the last few years. Although I have 2-3 cavities in my mouth but I always brush in the morning. Whenever I speak in front of someone, the listener feels uncomfortable and irritant even if he/she is 3 meters away from me. I don't have any gastric problem except when I eat spicy foods like achaar (makes me feel indigestion after some time. Besides, I drink very less water (that too at the time of meals. As such I feel very humiliated. please suggest some remedy.
Whenever I eat crispy items like french fries or popcorn or potato chops my roof of the mouth and gums get chaffed and take 2-3 days to heal. Is it due to vitamin deficiency? Please advise.
We helped this patient to transform her smiles using latest lithium disilicate materials using minimally invasive dentistry.
I suffers from mouth ulcers at regular basis kindly suggest me what I have to do or suggest me a medicine for the same.
What should I do for my teeth. They are little out of position and I am 21. Can I shift my teeth inside?
Hello doctor. I have a very bad breath can you please suggest me something to stop my breath being so bad? Thank you.
Sir mere teeth mai problem hai. Masude fool jate hai hai. Or teeth bahut pile ho jate hai. Or mooh mai se badbu aati hai. Kai bar safai bhi karva chuka hu.
I am 26 years old and I have teeth pain last three months I used pain relief tablets last two months but no relief pls suggest me with good medicine.
Hello sir i have been problem with my yellow teeth. Most of people noticed that and i was feel like so ambrasing. What i gonna do? I also have a teeth cavity. Give me some useful suggestions.
There is boil on inner side of lower lip. Burst once but again appeared. It's white in color. Pl suggest remedy.
I am 28 years old I have a habit of chewing tobacco and I am unable to open my mouth properly and not able to eat spicy food can please help me in this situation what should I apply to mouth and suggest me some medicine.
My tooth is ruining during my tooth cleaning up. Its abrasion during my cleaning by toothbrush making my teeth thin and now a day when I take cold or hot drink of water then its irritate. Kindly give me suggestion.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.