Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajat Kant Jain
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat Kant JainYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old boy suffering from dyspepsia. When I drink beer or alcohol vomiting. Dizziness. Confusion some thing happen in head is this gas. What is the that please reply me.
Hello, I am Dr Sudeshna Biswas, senior consultant Neuro Psychiatrist attached with Fortis C Doc Hospital, Nehru Place and I have my own clinic at Siya Park. Today,w e are going to discuss a very common disorder, called OCD.
What is OCD?
OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Two terms we get from this name which is Obsessive and Compulsive. So let us first know;
What is Obsession?
Obsession is persistent intrusive recurrent thoughts.
And what is compulsion?
Compulsion is an action which one does to reduce the anxiety related to this obsession.
Now, when do we call that someone has OCD?
When these symptoms of OCD occurs many times in a day or takes a lot of time and is very distressing, then the person should think that he/ she is suffering from OCD. If we talk about the age groups, it is prevalent in all age groups. Males and females are equally having this disorder. So symptoms should be known to detect the OCD.
So, the symptoms we are going to discuss under the sub headings of the OCDs. These are the types of OCDs.
- The most common type of OCD is OCD of contamination followed by washing. Under this, a person starts thinking that all the things around them are dirty and they keep on cleaning the things again and again till the time they get sure that it is cleaned.
- The second most common type of OCD is Obsession of Doubt where a person starts doubting themselves that they have not done the work properly. So he would keep checking the things whether he had done it or not. Like he might check the locks, might check the gas stoves, might check the cylinders, emails, SMS etc.
- The third type of OCD is Obsession of Thoughts. This is one of the obsessions with which we get a lot of patients. Suddenly the thought starts coming to their mind that they can harm someone or thought that someone might do something to them or something bad may happen to them. Some sexual thoughts may come to their mind which is very distressing, sexual thoughts regarding their friends, their relatives or even God or Goddess for which they feel guilty.
- Another type of OCD is Somatic Obsession. In Somatic obsession, people start thinking that something bad is happening in their body and keep on thinking about plenty of disorders which might have happened. They might keep on checking their pulse again and again, considering that their pulse is getting high
- Next type is called Symmetrical Obsession where the person starts keeping the things in very symmetrical order.
- Few more types of Obsession are there like someone might have an obsession of religiosity. In this, people start becoming very religious.
- Some more type of OCD can be where a person might question again and again the same question, or they might tell the same thing, again and again, thinking that the other person is not understanding their point of view. So, this is the Obsession of Questioning.
- The obsession of numbers where a person is obsessed with some particular number. Suppose a person is obsessed with the number 3.4 or 5. So, the person starts doing all the activities according to that number.
- One more thing which is there is hair pulling and nail-biting which can be the part of OCD.
So, these are the symptoms of OCD.
Now coming to the treatment of OCD.
The treatment of OCD is divided into 2 types.
2) Therapy- Therapy can be of few types which can be a behavioural therapy. Other types of therapies can be a group therapy, Cognitive behavioural therapy.
So at the end, I just want to tell you that please detect the symptoms as early as possible and you should detect the same in the people around you. And you should reach the professional in your nearby areas.
If you need my help, please reach to me directly by contacting me and seek up an appointment or you can contact the app Lybrate and take up an appointment.
Thank you very much.
Fever with back pain And previously having cough More than 3 weeks Not any good recommendation from any doctor.
Wheat sprouts benefits for diabetics
It is very important to keep blood sugar levels in check for diabetics. As most of the grains contain high carbohydrates, diabetes patients should choose the grains in their diet carefully.
Whole wheat is one of the best grains for diabetics.
Sprouted wheat grains contain high protein and fibers. They are lower in carbohydrates and calories than the non-sprouted wheat. Wheat sprouts also have a low glycaemic index which means they metabolize slowly in our body and do not cause a sharp increase in blood sugar levels. Sprouting also increases the value of grains making them rich in vitamin c and b complex.
Moreover, wheat sprouts also maintains cholesterol and blood sugar level, the two very important factors for diabetics.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Can a Few Walnuts a Day Keep Diabetes Away?