Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Sir pain is coming in the throat when swallowing food or swell etc I am unable to swallow pain is coming at the age of 8 years tonsils were removed can you pls suggest some medicine.
I have tightness in right side of throat and x ray show elongated styloid process in left side but ct scan shows both sides are elongated. What is best medicine.
within two months I had three times throat pain. At that time I can not talk only action can do. Fever also.
Hi, In the 2nd week of June I had cold but it did not proceed to coughing and my cold got ok within 3-4 days. However, since then I have had an issue of phlegm in the throat. It has been almost 3 months and I still feel lot of phlegm in the throat specially after a meal. Even though it is much better now but at times the phlegm gets stuck and refuses to come out even after my best efforts. Just to clarify I do not have any coughing issue it is just phlegm in the throat. Hope to hear from you soon.
I am a 26 year old female. After marriage I am having cold and ear pain daily. My husband have a problem of cold in the mornings only. We are staying at chennai now.
I am having a severe cough. Even at I was unable to sleep. My eyes are soo paining and I can't take any food since my neck is paining and my ears are so irritating me.
Hi i m 23 years old. I have burning sensation in throat and ear pain from 3 weeks. What should i do?
I have nasal polyps in my nose. From the last 3 years. Now I completely lost my smell sensation what would be the solution for that?
My wife hav breathing problem we consulted many ent specialists thy have referred so many nasal sprays. Finally she is using furamist nasal spray. But now she is pregnant can she use furamist nasal spray at this stage. She is 6 month pregnant. Please suggest regarding.
I am suffering from headache very frequently. Its like I get vapours from my ears, my forehead part heats up badly. Sometimes I even pour water into my ears for feeling better.
I am suffering from sinus for last 3-4 years having DNS and multiple polyp causing blocking of my nose however I got treatment in Agra for this but it's repeats regularly, the Dr. are suggested me to operate this but as this is not permanent treatment of this so I want final advice from you should I go for surgery or other one.
My head is dizzy. I was sleeping side ways and when I switched to other side. My head hurts. Loss of balance is there a few times. No severe though. What should I do to get rid of my dizziness?
Hello, I want to ask about my mother. Her Bp increases at mid-night to around 140 levels. She feels like ghabrahat. And she feels difficulty breathing also and unable to sleep properly. Physician has told to take BP medicine Telvas 40 and an ENT doctor has told that mucus is accumulated in sinuses, he has given allergic medicines but then also she feels breathing problem. What to do?
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.