Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajaniYour feedback matters!
Hi last month I had my periods on 15th June. But on 01 july my byf tried to insert his penis inside me however he could not insert but his penis rubbed my vagina and then he discharged outside. So is there any possibility that I can be pregnant?
I am 9 month pregnant k (due date 9 august) and my amniotic fluid level is bit less around 10.7 last month (June) I am taking Gyargin powder for increasing fuild level. (From last 7 days) and my baby weight is around 2.5 from last week to this week (my baby 's weight not increased in last week ). Is there any complication in delivery or these are normal and I can deliver my baby normally. I don't want to have c section. What are chances of my normal delivery. Other information Hemoglobin is 12.3 Pwd (IR) 19.7.
Obesity is a common problem in today’s world; especially with the changing food habits, increased stress levels and poor lifestyle choices coming into play. In women, weight gain can primarily occur because of hormonal imbalances and pregnancy. The various causes of weight gain in women are:
- Menopause: On reaching menopause, hormonal imbalances can increase appetite and lead to weight gain.
- Stress and pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period when a woman tends to eat a lot and put on weight. Pregnancy can also result in piling up of stress because of the anticipation as the D-day draws nearer; increased stress levels lead you to eat more and you tend to put on more weight, thus increasing risks of suffering from obesity eventually.
- Diseases: Complications in the liver and the kidneys may cause you to gain weight.
There are many options that a woman can opt for weight loss. Some of the best non surgical treatment for weight loss is:
- Ultrasonic lipolysis: This is a non-surgical technique to reduce fat from abdomen, thighs, hips, back etc.It involves HIFU (high intensity focalized ultrasound) wherein, ultrasonic waves are directed on areas in the body which have excess fat. The process involves removing fat tissues through the natural drainage system of the body i.e. the lymph system.
- Endermology: Endermology is a technique that is used to increase blood circulation and reduce cellulite (persistent layered fat) content in the body. The procedure entails using rollers which are rolled on the skin to stretch the connective tissues, which results in cellulite reduction. It also revitalizes the tissues in the body and prevents bloating. The treatment is painless and is known to relax the tissues in the body.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique that is used to reduce fat from the body. The procedure involves administering medications to the concerned areas of the body which have excess amounts of fat by means of injections. It enhances the circulatory and immune system of the body; it is a painless procedure and does not require post-surgical recovery time and so considered as a best weight loss treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.
Menopause is characterized by the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule as the 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Early menopause usually starts between the ages of 40 and 45. Untimely menopause begins significantly earlier, before the age of 40. Nevertheless, premature or early menopause is not that common with only about one percent of the women going through early menopause before the age of 40.
The signs and symptoms of early menopause are like the usual menopause. Some basic side effects include:
- Irregular periods (amenorrhea)
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood shifts
- Mental fogginess
- Diminished sex drive
Your specialist will suggest a treatment depending on your individual circumstances. Some common ways to deal with premature or early menopause are as follows:
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Supplements containing estrogen and progestin can help and replace some of your reproductive hormones in the body that can no longer make it all alone. They are frequently taken until the normal period of menopause (around 50) to help avoid bone loss. This treatment is not suggested for all ladies since it expands the danger of:
- Heart issues
- Blood clots
- Breast cancer
Supplemental Calcium and Vitamin D
Supplementary calcium and vitamin D can help in preventing osteoporosis in case you are not getting enough of these supplements from your normal diet. Women between ages 19 to 50 need to consume 1,000 milligrams of calcium for each day through food or supplements. Ladies over age 51 need to consume 1,200 milligrams for each day. A prescribed day-to-day measure of vitamin D has not yet been built up. For grown-up females, most specialists prescribe 600 to 800 global units through food or supplements. One should get a prescription from a doctor before ingesting the medication.
Other strategies to deal with Infertility
A few ladies with untimely menopause can at present get pregnant with no treatment. Ladies who want to have children, however, tend to become infertile after early or untimely menopause, need to consider in-vitro treatment, fertilization or even adoption.
Numerous ladies discover that having a conversation with a therapist can be supportive to adapt to their anxiety. It helps them release their pent up emotions and gives the clarity and satisfaction about their problems. Talk therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy are always beneficial since they help in addressing the symptoms and side effects that a woman may be going through emotionally when it comes to early menopause.