Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajan Pradahan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan PradahanYour feedback matters!
If no heart beat of foetus is found What might be the symptoms if its like that. What symptoms can be observed in a pregnant lady at this time. Please explain.
What are severe side effects of propranolol hydrochloride on heart? I took the medicine non stop for 2 months. I took it for migraine pain. The dosage was 2 times a day daily. The medicine concentration was 40 mg.
I have a burning sensation in my chest due to acidity, may be like heart burn, what are medicines do I take to cure the issue. I am 38 years old working woman and Slightly obese and I have no time for exercise. I have regular problem of acidity but I have recently feel this burning sensation. Please advise.
I am 71 years of age, of course, with sound physique. However, I have some respiratory problem for some time now. I feel like taking deep breath. This makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Recently PFT taken. It showed slight/mild airway problem for which taken treatment for a fortnight. ECG, ECHO and other pathological test reports such as blood test, urine test etc are normal. What is the way out for coming out of this respiratory infection?
I have forgetting problem, weaknessand hyper tension (low bp) what can I do and duodenum ulcer what can I do.
One of my friend experiencing palpitations these days but they r not regular. My question is whether these palpitations are symptoms of any serious issue?
I am 44 yrs male suffering from dibetics, cholesterol and high bp. Now taking medicines as follows 1. Dianorm total 60 1. 5 - 0 - 1 2. Eritel 40 1 - 0 -0 3. Rosavel a 0 - 0 - 1 for the last 9 yrs I have been taking these medicines. Prescribe me best medicines having no side effects.
I have a problem in my heart. My heart beats more than normal. And also I have problem in my chest. My chest feels heavy and I m not able to breathe easily.
I hv mitral valve prolapse no Mr. My Dr. Said there is no need of medicine. Bt I hv palpitations I heard and read on internet that magnesium help in regulating heart rhythm so can you advice m some magnesium tablet. please help.
Sir I am 22 years old and I am a chain smoker from last 3 years. But I have some problem in my heart that is it beats very fast i.e.90-95/min .i feel sometimes pain and sometimes difficulty in taking oxygen ?sir please help me? Some times I also got vibrations in full body .please please sir answer me?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.