Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Raja VikramYour feedback matters!
Dr. in my body skin there r found Katti inside the skin but It not pain like a kolupu Katti then what I do.
How to get hair back. I have some bald patches. I also have seborrhea dermatitis. How to get back the hair, where the bald is. I'm 21 years old.
I have inflamed skin on my cheek due to excessive scrubbing on an acne that had appeared a few weeks back. It has become pigmented now as it looks reddish. It has been a day since I started a cream containing hydroquinone 2% and tretinoin 0.025% at night. The affected area already looks more red. Since I stay in my room during daytime, I use salicylic acid 3% in the morning. Should I stop using one of them ?
Hi, what I want to say is that I hear from my mother and other relatives that I used to be of fair complexion in childhood. But now really my skin complexion has got much dark. My query is can this happen. Can it get darker with age. With that I'm also having much mental pressure since 2 years. Is it possible? Or if it is then how to get back my previous complexion.
Hello doctor, my mother have black spots on her cheeks earlier they were hardly noticeable but now week by week they are getting darker. I come to know its melasma. My mother is using many home remedies from past few months but they are not showing any results. Kindly suggest any effective cream for treatment.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
I am using no scar cream & I didn't take sunscreen with it. I am civil engineer. So,I used to be under sunlight. One of my friend says it cause some side effects after some year. Is it really damage my skin? If yes kindly give me a remedy and alternate cream without side effects and without sunscreen. Help me. Thank you in advance.
I have pimple problem on my face. And black Spot also. So please help me to remove my black spot. On my face.
I'm suffering from dark circles under eye My eyes are black and the inside of the last 2 years I have sat.
My mother had breast cancer and her left breast was removed due to this. What are the chances that I may have the same problem. I am 48 years old.
Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon medical condition that results in skin ulcers. It can affect both men and women irrespective of their age, but is commonly seen in people above fifty years of age. Pyoderma gangrenosum is auto inflammatory and autoimmune in nature, generally affecting your legs.
Though the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown, yet there are certain conditions that can trigger its development on your skin.
Causes are mentioned as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn's disease (a disease related to your digestive tract)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Blood cancer
- Cut or skin injuries
- Ulcerative colitis( a digestive tract disorder)
- Myeloid metaplasia( anemia with white and red immature cells in circulation)
- Myelogenous leukemia ( a type of cancer affecting growth of immature blood cells)
- Liver inflammation or hepatitis.
- Damaged skin
Pyoderma gangrenosum may initially appear to look like an insect bite. But there are other symptoms that can help you to identify and distinguish it from an insect bite.
The common symptoms are as follows:
- Painful sores
- It may start as small pimples
- Reddish or purple lumps or blisters
- Sometimes the bumps may be pus-filled also
Pyoderma gangrenosum can spread very rapidly and cause skin ulcers to become severe. So it must be treated as soon as diagnosed.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments.
- Administering corticosteroid drugs through injection.
- Pain relief medicines.