Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj SharmaYour feedback matters!
When you start arguing during the bedtime, your mind will be full of thoughts, mostly negative ones. You will get irritated and agitated. A research has shown that fighting with someone at bedtime will preserve the negative emotions until you wake up.
Dear DR, My wife (age: 24) is suffering by hearing loss of her left ear. I am from kolkata. I have visited lots of clinic here but all of them used to tell me that there have no chance for recovering. They told me nerve is totally damaged. So please tell me if there is any chance for me. Symptoms: 1. Hearing loss of left ear 2. Huge pain suddenly (lots of pills already taken) 3.Senseless due to pain.Please tell.
I can't hear loud sounds in theater and I'm afraid on it and when in the movie if the loud sounds Are heard my heart beat was increasing and somewhat pain in lungs after the urine passage it will be normal it will be normal.
*Consult your doctor to figure what's the optimum amount of Calcium you should be taking. Pregnant women, for instance, need more calcium than normal people.
*Take Sun-bath daily to ensure adequate amount of Vitamin D for your body. There are other sources of Vitamin D too. Consult your doctor to find out what are those sources and what's the right amount.
*Regular exercise is extremely necessary for good bone health. Make a plan and stick to it
My daughter is having hearing difficulties she had high fever at birth. Antibiotics treatment were given for 3 weeks. Is this hearing loss result of taking long time medication. What now can be done. Advice requested. Thanks.
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
Daily I have to talk and listen to my clients at my office. I use my voice a lot. But at the end of the day I feel pain in my throat. I hydrate throughout the day. Pls tell me what to do to improve my voice box and not to pain. I don't want to take medicine. Visited Dr. many times but didn't see much improvement. Thanks.
dear sir/madam i am suresh from mumbai request for your need that my only sister is unable to hear due to nerves problem. She was normal at the time of birth but due to an accident she got fractured her left leg and hospitalized her about 1 month and took too much medicine for recovery her,date time she was only 5 years old.she was heard up to 13 years of her age and slowly slowly she is getting hearing problem. i consulted with the ENT doctors and they only said that she has nerves problem due to the medicines she was taken at the time of fractured and take audiography test and put hearing aid but she is only 21 years old now and study.so please tell me what to do and whom i need to consult about this.
My husband says that if he can sing songs and recite dialongs /songs there should not be a problem with the hearing. Can you please explain the science behind it so that I can explain the same.
I have a baby boy with cesarean delivery and I am breastfeeding my 20 day old baby and I have hearing problems from last two days from my left ear. Left portion of my body goes numb if I sit more than half an hour with hearing problem in left ear. What should I do?
I am 22 years old girl and I am facing the problem of low hearing problem. Suggest some home remedy or something else.
My mother in law is 75 years old having a pacemaker installed in her heart. She had to take off her hearing aid device since the cardiologist said the electromagnetic signals will interfere with the working of pacemaker. Can pacemaker and hearing aid both co-exist if the hearing aid battery is kept at a distance of more than 6 inches from the place of pacemaker installed. If yes then which hearing aid to be purchased. Request to reply.
My father 50years, is facing the hearing issues. We have to speak multiple times or loudly at tyms when calling from a distance. As per the doctors here, ear machines is the only cure. I wanted to know if there is any alternative? Time no bar. We can spend time in yoga, physio but not looking up for hearing aid.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am suffering from right sided hearing loss with vertigo since 3 rd march 2015 and now my hearing is little improve and vertigo also little resolved. I want to know what the actual cause and how much time I totally recover .
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.