Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raj Sharma
Submit a review for Dr. Raj SharmaYour feedback matters!
Deafness in children is not an uncommon phenomenon. 1-3 infants per 1000 birth is born with congenital sensory disorder. This is much higher when conductive hearing losses both congenital and acquired are taken into account. There is lack of awareness about the gravity of the problem among general population and medical fraternity.
- Children learn to communicate by imitating the sounds they hear. Deafness in the early months of life in a child deprives this valuable sensory input. This results in non development of speech or delayed speech/language development, social problems and academic difficulties.
- The goal of early intervention is to integrate the deaf child into the family and into society, to ensure development of normal/near normal speech and to enable the growth and development of a healthy confident child.
- Universal neonatal hearing screening (UNHS) can diagnose babies born with deafness. They can be treated with hearing aid or cochlear implant to restore their hearing and subsequently speech language therapy started as soon as possible.
- Early intervention results in normal or near normal speech and the affected child can be integrated into the society.
- The parents, doctors and the society should come together and work hand in hand for achieving this goal.
From early childhood, I have severe hearing loss in my right ear. I do not remember whether it was from birth or was a result of some hitting done on my right ear by one of the bullies (i remember the incident remotely, though can not attribute the hearing loss to that). My left ear is perfect and am a healthy guy of 42 years doing very well professionally and part of top management in one of the reputed companies. I had at the age of 18 years went for a ent check up where they diagnosis as severe hearing loss in the right ear. However, when I put in a earphone in my right ear and tightly close my left ear to close any sound, I can remotely hear, but only very light sounds. My query is, can I try to recover my right ear hearing or leave it? Is there any hope of recovery? Though you might say it needs to be checked, but what do you make out first cut from the details that I have provided? Now a days with so much advances in med sciences, I am hoping you cd help me with your valuable advice and way forward.
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
My mother is a 46 year old. Recently she consulted a ENT doctor because she was hearing a buzzing noise in her ear. The doctor said, there is a hole in the ear and hence needs to be covered with a surgery. Could you please advice if this can be cured 100% by surgery? Also, why would any one get holes in their ears? My mom is a housewife and her daily life is pretty similar to that of an average Indian house-wife's.
I'm 27 years old. I'm going to take surgery namely called tympanoplasty due to eardrum hole and bilateral hearing loss. Please give me some suggestions whether this treatment will cure my problems.