Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Rani MittalYour feedback matters!
My son doesn't eat anything and just keeps drinking mother's milk, he is 1.5years old. My wife wants to stop feeding milk as she is carrying 4 months. Please assist.
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
My baby has chest congestion. The doc advised to give him. Steam thru vaporizer. I have bought sodium chloride injection along with Levolin, but do not know how to use it. Do I need to add water to vaporizer in order to make sufficient steam? Confused.
My boy is 2.9 years weight is 11.5 kg every month fever coming blood test and xray normal t.b also tested no result every month used 30 ml anti boitc cold and cough syrup used I am feeling sir, please tell me any suggestion give me sir.
My baby 9 month old her eyes can not right left eye missing right position so we know the right doctor to concern with.?
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
My 2 yr 8 month old son has few non tender left cervical lymph nodes for last 3-4 months. Though he often suffers from urti, but these nodes persist even without infection. Should I be worried?
My baby is 3 months I am not having milk so I am giving formula bt I frequently give breast milk to suck but fr the past 4 days he is not sucking my milk bt having formula I donno what to do. Plzzz suggest any way.
Hello doctor. My baby is of 10 days now. And still there is no breast milk formed. Pls suggest as I don't want to keep him on powdered milk. This is my first pregnancy. Pls suggest how can I increase the flow of the milk.
Meri 1 year 6 month old baby h. Usko loose motion ho rhe h. Or latrine me khoon aa ra h. Khoon kyu aa ra h? Or vo bahut kmjor ho gya h please give solution.
We all are aware of the fact that it's not just mothers- to- be who need to make sacrifices during pregnancy, infact it's a excellent idea for fathers to give up smoking and drinking too. Many people are aware of the fact that smoking during pregnancy can be harmful for an unborn baby, so if either you or your partner is a smoker, you should actually give up now. And giving up smoking and cutting down on alcohol now will eventually lead to a healthier and fitter you, so that when you've got a little baby around, you will be in the best of your health.
Passive smoking is harmful:
Passive smoking near your partner is dangerous as when she breathes in your cigarette smoke, your baby is taking in harmful carbon monoxide, nicotine and maybe other harmful chemical substances. Nicotine may lead to constriction of the blood vessels and might affect the uterine and placenta blood flow, might even increase blood pressure and heart rate of you and your baby.
One of the best moves you and your partner can practice is to keep your baby's surrounding and environment smoke free, both for now and as well as after the birth too. If you and your pregnant partner or other people in your home indulge in smoking, it can cause serious harm to your unborn baby.
Drugs and Alcohol is a Big No:
Taking other drugs or drinking alcohol can surely get in the way of you being the parent you always wanted to be. It can also affect your ability to take care for your child. This is a big issue with newborns, who wake up often during the night for feeding and changing. Parents indulging in the use of drugs and alcohol, this unhealthy practice may lead to the risk factor for SUDI if the children sleep in the same place as the parent. For many men, alcohol and other drugs can fuel heated arguments that might lead to violence and aggression. This can have serious consequences for the health and wellbeing of the mother and child.
Your habits affect your kids:
In a recent research the rate of lymphoma, brain tumours and leukaemia were up to 80% higher in children under the age of 5 when fathers had smoked prior to conception, even though the mothers were non smokers all the way. Moreover the rate of childhood cancer was seen highest when fathers smoked more cigarettes every day, or had been smoking for a longer time or started smoking before the age of 20.
It's not just your partner who requires staying healthy before, during and after pregnancy, you all fathers need it too. A healthy diet can surely help with conception, but it's always important to practice and carry on eating a well-balanced variety of nutritious foods. This will lead to the encouragement of your partner to do the same and help her enjoy a healthy pregnancy as well.
Hello doctor my baby is of four months and 10 days. He was very good by his health till but now he is loosing weight he gets thin is it ok or something?
My girl is 1 year 6 month old. When she is take milk and biscuits then go potty regularly for 2-3 days. Before it takes mother milk and natural cow milk but recently (2-3 days) I shift in delhi so she takes powder milk. So please do something.
Hi, my 10 months old girl kid has 42 cm as head circumference which is 7 percentile in who chart. She is very active, crawling, babblings, clapping, saying bye. Is head circumference related to brain growth? btw, my mom and mom in law has 51cm. Me and husband is 57cm? should I need to be worried?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!