Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Kumari BokariaYour feedback matters!
I'm 24 years old and suffering lower abdomen pain on the RHS. Last two month period missed, pregnancy test negative. Consulted gynecologist and two surgeon suspected appendix but reason for back pain at kidney area not detected. Test done KUB 2 time. USG,blood test. Barium meal x ray done report negative. RHS lower abdomen pain always existing, increased when consuming food and excess water. Vomiting happened last 3 days. Kindly suggest.
My husband is 32 years old healthy man. The physical relationship is strained and very rare but rest is all fine. He doesn't complain of any discomfort. Is it ok not to have any inclination for physical relationship. The frequency is like once in a month. Is it normal to not want to get physical for a man his age?
I am married since 1.5 Years but still no pregnancy. Did nearly 7 to 8 follicular studies and hsg test. Everything is normal. But this month my egg size is only 10 mm size on 16th day and my cycles are regular. Could you please let us know whether I am having PCOS problem. Why still no pregnancy if everything is normal. Please help.
Hello everyone. My age is 21 and I have PCOD and from the last 45-50 days I am undergoing its treatment. As prescribed I am taking Tablets B-LONG" APCOD Sachet 5g, THYRONORM 12.5 MCG, and diane 35" Last month I had normal periods. But this time it is very different. It started on 11.04. 2016 and then lasted for full 4 days (ended on 15.04. 2016). But after a couple of days it again started and is still continuing. The amount is very less like 1-2 drops only but it has lasted for more than 20 days. I am very tensed, please help me why this is happening and what should I do? Should I consult a doctor again? Please give best possible solutions.
One of my favorite things to find is the intersection between delicious food and incredible health benefits. Nothing truer could be said about the health benefits of blackberries.
Benefits Of Blackberry Fruit For Skin:
Our skin plays a vital role in our outer appearance. Most of us fail to realise that our skin eventually reflects what we eat. A good daily supply of vital nutrients is required for a glowing and perfect skin. Blackberries are rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They also offer the highest levels of some antioxidants – higher than blueberries and strawberries too. The very dark color of the fruit is proof of its high antioxidant level. As a result, it is beneficial for the skin.
1. Fights Free Radicals:
Anthocyanocides and polyphenols are two antioxidants found in abundance in blackberries. These help in fighting free radicals .
The collagen-forming Vitamin C and Vitamin A make it only more appropriate for skin. These vitamins also act as antioxidants. The regular consumption of blackberries protects the skin against the damaging UVA and UVB rays and aids in skin cell renewal.
2. Hydrates Skin:
Blackberries are comprised of more than 85% water with an abundant dose of fiber. Both of these are essential for a healthy-looking skin. The consumption of blackberries detoxifies the body and maintains the elasticity of the skin .
A good way to enjoy the goodness of blackberries for your skin is through a face mask. Here’s how:
- Take a bunch of blackberries.
- Crush and mix the juice with a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this to your face and neck.
- Let it dry well before washing it off thoroughly.
What to do a 19 or 20 year girl to be fit and fine And what should be her proper weight.Please tell.
A lot of people suggest taking folic acid supplements to expecting mothers for a healthy pregnancy. But why? Why is folic acid that important? What is so ideal about folic acid supplements? Yeah, a lot of questions are bound to pop up. This article will explain the entire deal about this particular acid and why it is that important.
Folic acid is the synthetic form of vitamin B called Folate and it plays an essential role in the production of red blood cells, the formation of the neural tube of the baby, development of the spinal cord. Here is a list of benefits of Folic acid
- Folic acid, as discussed, helps in preventing neural tube defects.
- Serious birth defects like Spina bifida and anencephaly can be prevented if you take folic acid regularly.
- Other defects like cleft palate or cleft lip have also seen to be prevented when mothers have taken proper doses of folic acid.
- Certain types of heart defects can also be avoided.
- A serious blood pressure disorder called preeclampsia affects a lot of pregnant women but folic acid intake can help in the prevention of such a condition.
- Folic acid helps in prevention of anaemia
- The production, function and repair of a normal DNA also require intake of folic acid.
- Folic acid also enables rapid cell growth, therefore, rapid growth of the developing baby.
Now, these neural defects can occur at a very young stage, even before the proper development of the foetus. Hence, it is suggested that to be mothers start taking folic acid right from the beginning. Experts usually recommend about 400 micrograms of folic acid every day in the beginning, when one is trying to get pregnant. However, even during pregnancy crossing the level of 1000 micrograms per day is to be avoided.
Where can you get folic acid from?
Fortified cereals are usually the best food sources of folic acid. Natural folic acid can also be found in naturally dark green vegetables and in various kinds of citrus fruits. Folic acid supplements are also available. Other food sources of folic acid include-
- Beef liver
- Mature lentil seeds
- Egg noodles
- Great northern beans
There are certain situations in which one might require extra folic acid, the reasons might be
- If the mother is overweight.
- If the mother has been pregnant previously
- If the mother is carrying twins.
- Women with a genetic variation of MTHFR in which the body has difficulty in processing folic acid. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir meri wife ke age 35 hai aur unki medical report bhi theek hai. Mens ane se pehle unki kamar mein dard bahut hota hai kabhi kabhi. Aissa kyon hota hai.
I am pcod patient. Can you please tell me where is the pcod pain occurs and pregnancy pain .I m so tried .I cannot guess which pain is this.
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is sex-starved marriage one probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
1. A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
2. Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
3. An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner - whoever - faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
4. Consider the spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
5. Exercise and running: Daily exercises leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
6. Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi I am 26 years unmarried girl, I missed my periods last month, my last period date was 13-02-2016. After that I had intercourse on 15th and consumed ipill and again on 19 and 20th I got period for two days. I got checked myself with pregnancy test card and blood test for pregnancy from lal path lab. But both tests were negative means I am not pregnant. Then I consumed 10 tablets regestrone 5mg tablets for three days (three tablets in a day) on 11, 12, 13 april 2016 and one on 14th april 2016. But till date no periods. Kindly suggest me on this. An early reply will help me to get out of stress. Thanks in advance.
She has attempted sex 3-4 years before but there was no ejaculation of sperm into her body or may be little (doubtful) now her periods are disturbed like she had her period on 19 april next it should be on 19 may but usually delayed so on 2 june she had bleeding with no clots for 2-3 days not excess bleeding as usually she have during her period and even there were no blood clots that is fat tissues of blood that generally appear during menstruation. So she is doubtful whether can she be pregnant after 4 years or what is the reason for this disturbed menstrual cycle.
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
If you suspect any case of cerebrovascular accident (lakva) or myocardial infarction (heart attact) reach a multispeciality hospital with 3 hrs called hours.
Reason- beyond 3 hrs heart ll undergo irreversible damages which will be permanent and in case of cerebrovascular accident clot cannot be broken (thrombolysis) and the person might not be able to recover lifetime.
So remember 3 hours golden hours.
Hello doc. I'm carrying now with 23 weeks. I usually will feel movements all time after my meal but post evng I did not feel movements. I'm worried.
I am 32 years old married person I have suffering from fungal infection in my private part on top area from last 3-4 months so pls tell me better medicine for this. Now I am use dermicem oc cream and some tablets by the doctor.
Hello mam I am 24 year. I have problem with my menstrual cycle until I take some medicines my periods do not come. I am curious whether I will face any problem during my pregnancy?
I am 27 years old. Trying for pregnancy from last 6 months. Doctor prescribed me come100 and progesterone supplement. I am still not conceiving after taking these medicines for 3 months. All my reports are showing normal. Now my doctor prescribed me femmara for next 6 months. What I have to do now?
Pregnancy, especially the first one, is a very anxious phase in a couple's life. There is the knowledge of leaving your previous life and transition to a new one filled with excitement (and copious amount of poop). Every pregnancy is different. Some women are completely turned off by the thought of having sex while others suddenly have their interests spiked. Here are six things you need to know about sex during and after pregnancy
1. You won't hurt the baby: As creative as you get thinking of different positions, it is unlikely that sex will harm your unborn child. Although it is a good sign that your maternal instincts are kicking in, this is a simple open and shut case. While you and your partner get on the act, your baby will rest safely in the amniotic sack well protected with layers of cushion in the form of flesh and fluids. The mucous plug in your cervix that puts a cork on the amniotic fluid ensures things remain stable.
2. You won't bump the baby on the head: As much as your partner would like to believe that his penis is long enough bump into the baby during sex, this is not a possibility. No penis is that big or close to being big enough to get close to the baby. Even if your baby is head down resting in your pelvis, it is unlikely he or she will take a hit during sex.
3. Your baby won't watch your act: You have to have sex to make babies. That is one of the most natural and beautiful realities of our lives. It is true that your baby activity may spike a little when your uterus contracts after an orgasm, so that way the baby will know something exciting happened. But it is not possible for the baby to 'know' or 'remember' what happens on the outside.
4. Sex won't result into an STD transmission to your baby: For one, it is best to stick to your partner who you know is free from STD with or without the baby bump. You'll also feel better knowing that once the baby is inside, your cervix is shut and out of access for anything from semen to other organisms as the mucus plug acts as a super tight cork. But when it comes to STD, it is better you go the safe way for yourself and only proceed if you know your partner is clean for sure.
5. You'll have some extra fun with new manoeuvers: With a baby bump in between, the usual missionary position becomes uncomfortable for many women. Try new and fun ways to keep your partner happy
6. Sex will feel better or worse: Sex will make you feel better or worse depending on how comfortable you are. It is always great to get that loving feeling with your partner, but if you don't want to go all the way, you can start with a hug and end with a kiss too.
In case you have some questions or concerns you must discuss with your doctor.