Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Kumari BokariaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old female we are consulting the gynecologist for infertility. She told me to come by 3rd day of your next period. Today is my 3rd day but she was in leave. What should we do? Shall I consult any other doctor? Please reply asap.
Any vaccine available for genital herpes. And how reduce the infection to other person with having a condom any medicine or vaccine available now? Please tell me and help my friend.
Yesterday my wife had miscarriage. Blood clot came out while passing urine with heavy bleeding. Doctor told her os got opened and he aborted. What might be the reasons for miscarriage. What precautions must be taken for next pregnancy. Do we have to go for any tests. Are there any chances of happening the same again. thanks in advance.
I have 2 kids, my small baby 5 year old, from last five year I take precaution. Now I want one more baby, my period aldo normal, from last 4 month I'm trying to get pregnant. Plzzz give advice what I do.
I didn't get periods In june I took ipill And in august I got my periods but this month I am not getting my periods my usual periods are 15th of month Why is this delay happening.
I am aged 27 ,married .I m suffering with pcod ,irregular menstrual cycle and unwanted hair on my chin .Please suggest me the treatment .Also I want to plan for kids.
IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE TO GET PREGNENT AT THE AGE OF 37 . FROM PAST 1.6 YRS MY PERIODS ARE IRREGULAR AND IF I TAKE MODULES THEN AFTER 10 DAYS I WILL GET MY PERIODS . PLS SUGGEST ME HOW TO GET PREGNENT ?
I am 30 years old. Mujhe pregnency ni ho rahi please tell me some medicine jis se mujhe pregnency ho jaye.
All wine lovers, behold. A recent study has found that red wine contains a compound called resveratrol which has similar health benefits of exercising or gymming. However, before you give up gymming and turn to a wine cellar, let’s delve deeper into this.
The actual study involved a control group of rats which were supplemented with resveratrol. The rats were then forced to run on a treadmill for days. Results showed that rats who had consumed resveratrol ran faster and longer than rats who did not have resveratrol. The rats that were induced with resveratrol had greater energy and glucose levels.
The health benefits of red wine are well known to all in terms of slimming your waist line, protecting you against dementia and cancer, anti-aging, effective mouthwash and more. And, now adding to these benefits, red wine has also proven to boost heart rate, thereby, increasing your ability to physically exert more. Even though it is an alcoholic beverage, red wine indeed is an elixir when consumed in moderation.
But, before you jump on the bandwagon, below are some important conclusions of the recent study conducted:
- The study was done on animals and it can be debatable, if it can apply to humans as well. It is not really sure, if animal studies can actually predict human reactions.
- The rats were supplemented with high doses of resveratrol equivalent to one full bottle of red wine. Consuming a whole bottle of red wine will add to more sugar and calories and outweigh the weight loss benefits of red wine.
- Resveratrol is also found in grapes. So, rather than gulping down a whole bottle of red wine, why not try a bowl of red grapes? This might be a more healthy way to consume resveratrol and enjoy its proven benefits.
- Resveratrol can help patients who are physically incapable of doing exercises. This magical compound, if supplemented in the right way can mimic exercise for such people and provide benefits for them.
- As the old saying goes, if something is too good to be true, then it probably is. The health benefits of red wine are abundant, but when it comes down to this study it is really not clear if does it really provide its proven benefits.
This study tends to focus more on people who are unable to get their workout done due to physical inabilities. If you are able to physically work out well, then go for it! There is nothing close to the real benefits of working out. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.