Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I herewith attach my investigation reports for your valuable advice. Test name value units normal range test asked aarogyam 1.3, homo, lase, amyl, chl, sod: total cholesterol photometry 207 mg/dl 125 - 200 hdl cholesterol - direct photometry 37 mg/dl 35-80 triglycerides photometry 235 mg/dl 25 - 200 ldl cholesterol - direct photometry 127 mg/dl 85 - 130 tc/ hdl cholesterol ratio calculated 5.5 ratio 3.0 - 5.0 ldl / hdl ratio calculated 3.4 ratio 1.5 - 3.5 vldl cholesterol calculated 46.9 mg/dl 5 - 40 non-hdl cholesterol calculated 169.6 mg/dl < 160.
I am 52 years , RETIRED, 88 kgs, 175 cms, total cholesterol is 200, triglycerides only 98, Also, thyroid functions, liver, pancreas, kidney, Homocysteine, and high sensitive C reactive protein, apolipoprotein A1 &B -- ALL ARE NORMAL ! I am not diabetic ! But my BP is around 145/95 whenever I check ! Kindly advise suitable medication for my BP ! THANKS DOCTOR.
If you want to decrease your risk for heart disease, it may be important for you to reduce the added sugar in your diet.
For the last one year my HBA1c levels were high from 8.0 to 9.4. Last 3 months I am on severe diet and would like to check the readings shortly. My glucose reading were between fasting 130 - 230 and PP 188 - 330 in this period. What is the best lifestyle method to decrease HBA1c levels. I work in night shifts, could it be because of this !
Sir, I have pain in sternum of chest while doing dips in gym when I am going too low in dips exercise then I feel it hurts in my chest please suggest me its treatment.
Sir, I am getting pain in right side of the chest from yesterday (15.06.16) by 6 pm. I took medicine from medical store but not feel relief well. Please advice me.
High Blood Pressure : Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood. If this pressure rises and stays high over time, it can damage the body in many ways.
Stroke : An area of plaque can rupture, causing a blood clot to form. If the clot is close to your brain, it can block the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain and cause a stroke. The risk of having a stroke rises as BMI increases.
Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease in which the body's blood glucose, or blood sugar, level is too high. In type 2 diabetes, the body's cells don't use insulin properly. At first, the body reacts by making more insulin. Over time, however, the body can't make enough insulin to control its blood sugar level. Diabetes is a leading cause of early death, CHD, stroke, kidney disease, and blindness. Most people who have type 2 diabetes are overweight.
Abnormal Blood Fats : If you're overweight or obese, you're at increased risk of having abnormal levels of blood fats. These include high levels of triglycerides and LDL ("bad") cholesterol and low levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol. Abnormal levels of these blood fats are a risk factor for CHD.
Metabolic Syndrome : A diagnosis of metabolic syndrome is made if you have at least three of the following risk factors:
• A large waistline. This is called abdominal obesity or "having an apple shape." Having extra fat in the waist area is a greater risk factor for CHD than having extra fat in other parts of the body, such as on the hips.
• A higher than normal triglyceride level (or you're on medicine to treat high triglycerides).
• A lower than normal HDL cholesterol level (or you're on medicine to treat low HDL cholesterol).
• Higher than normal blood pressure (or you're on medicine to treat high blood pressure).
• Higher than normal fasting blood sugar (or you're on medicine to treat diabetes).
Cancer : Being overweight or obese raises your risk for colon, breast, endometrial, and gallbladder cancers.
Osteoarthritis : Osteoarthritis is a common joint problem of the knees, hips, and lower back. The condition occurs if the tissue that protects the joints wears away. Extra weight can put more pressure and wear on joints, causing pain.
Sleep Apnea : Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep. A person who has sleep apnea may have more fat stored around the neck. This can narrow the airway, making it hard to breathe.
Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome : Obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS) is a breathing disorder that affects some obese people. In OHS, poor breathing results in too much carbon dioxide (hypoventilation) and too little oxygen in the blood (hypoxemia). OHS can lead to serious health problems and may even cause death.
Reproductive Problems: Obesity can cause menstrual issues and infertility in women & low sperm count in male.
Gallstones : Gallstones They're mostly made of cholesterol. Gallstones can cause stomach or back pain. People who are overweight or obese are at increased risk of having gallstones. Also, being overweight may result in an enlarged gallbladder that doesn't work well.
Treatment or precautions to avoid Obesity:
1. Diets : to promote weight loss are generally divided into four categories: low-fat, low-carbohydrate, low-calorie, and very low calorie
2. Exercise : muscles consume energy derived from both fat and glycogen. Due to the large size of leg muscles, walking, running, and cycling, increase muscle mass in Gym are the most effective means of exercise to reduce body fat.
I am getting cough at night and pain in the heart at night during night time wats the reason behind this please ans.
My Lipid profile is at borderline. For general information how can a person improve his good Cholesterol and decrease bad Cholesterol. (HDL, LDL sort of, pardon spelling errors) I would appreciate general advice so I have not disclose my levels. What food to eat and avoid. (I am vegan) Overall Cholesterol serum is 175.
My Hb1Ac is 8, LDL is 140 and HDL is 26, SGPT and SGOT are also elevated. My age is 34 Weight is 63, reducing more than 1 kg per mon th. What to do to cure all the things?
hi I think angioplast isn' t essential in all the cases of blockages. Blockages can be removed with some dietary changes and physical excercise and pranayam. What do you think.
Are you suffering from hypertension? This medical condition occurs when your blood pressure level increases rapidly. Hypertension may occur because of several reasons and it can interfere with the overall functioning of the body affecting different parts. It may lead to severe health hazards, such as stroke, heart failure and heart diseases.
Other body parts like kidneys, eyes and limbs may also be affected by hypertension. Here are the various effects of hypertension on different parts of the body:
- Circulatory system: High blood pressure may cause arteries to stretch too much, which leads to damage. A scar tissue may develop within the arteries over a period of time. This is a condition known as atherosclerosis, which traps cholesterol and plaque, leading to coronary artery disease. When the heart’s left ventricle gets thickened, the ability to pump blood gets disrupted. Trapped blood may result in blood clots, which block and narrow the arteries, causing a stroke or heart attack. Chest pain and arrhythmias are also likely to occur from high blood pressure.
- Central nervous system: An unsteady supply of oxygen in the blood leads to the dysfunction of the brain. Narrowed arteries and blood clot block the flow of blood to the brain and this is referred to as a transient ischemic attack or a mini stroke. People with this condition are more likely to experience a full stroke, if the blood supply to the brain shuts off completely. Hypertension is the biggest risk factor for strokes. Mild cognitive impairment and vascular dementia are other effects on the central nervous system due to hypertension. Retinopathy occurs when there is some damage in the blood vessels, which carry blood to the eyes. It causes bleeding and builds fluid in the retina.
- Excretory system: The kidneys too are affected when there is a lack of oxygenated blood supply and they cannot function normally. Due to restricted blood supply, the kidneys may become inefficient at removing toxins for which you may need a kidney transplant or dialysis.
- Sexual dysfunction: Hypertension may lead to certain sexual dysfunctions in men and women. In men, the insufficient supply of blood to the penis will prevent him from achieving a proper erection during sex. Chronic high blood pressure may affect arteries and blood vessels, which lead to the penis and result in erectile dysfunction. In women, the blood flow to the vagina is affected due to hypertension. This leads to vaginal dryness, decreased libido, painful intercourse and pain during intercourse.
Hypertension affects all the vital organs of the body. Hence, it is important for everyone to keep their blood pressure under check and in case of hypertension, proper management is required to reduce the various risks associated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.