Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raj Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello! I had a pre-term delivery last month on 3 march due to cervical incompetence. I bleed for 21 to 23 days then bleeding stopped. But now after 10 days the bleeding has again started. Is there anything to worry or is it normal?
Treatment for STDs varies depending on what STD you have. It’s very important that both you and your sexual partner be successfully treated for STDs before resuming your sexual relationship. Otherwise you can pass an infection back and forth between you.
Bacterial infections can usually be treated fairly easily with antibiotics. It’s important to take all your antibiotics as prescribed. You should continue taking them even if you feel better before they are finished. You should also return to your doctor if your symptoms do not go away with treatment or if they return.
Viral infections usually have no cure. However, treatment is available for many of these viral infections. Treatment can be very effective at stopping the progression of HIV. Medications are also available to reduce the frequency and severity of herpes outbreaks. Furthermore, antiviral drugs may reduce the risk of transmitting an STD to your partner.
Some STDs are caused by neither viruses nor bacteria. Instead they’re caused by other small organisms. Examples of such STDs include:
These STDs are usually easily treatable with appropriate oral or topical medications.
I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 8th feb, her menstrual cycle date was on 12th feb eventually she missed her date today is 15th feb. Are there chances for her to get pregnant and if yes please advice how to get through it. Thank you.
I am a 20 year old girl. I am having PCOD since last 2 years. I am fed-up of consuming the medicines every time and just want to get rid of this disease. Kindly suggest a permanent solution.
What is the reasons lot of women turn as single mom. How it possible. How they are pregnant. My sister never married yet. But she is single mom. How they pregnant without male.
I am married one year back, I am trying for children s. Please help us in this. How we can make it fast.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.