Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant for 3 months. I would like to know what are the proper foods I can take this time. Also would like to know the exercises I can do with pregnancy of 3 months.
I had a light spotting on my period then we check a hcg test its showed positive results.Now i am 6 week pregnant. I had light spotting while urinating i don't have any symptoms like cramping or severe vomiting and my age is nineteen im married.
Is it necessary to sleep on our left hand side. I can't sleep like this. M having habit of sleeping straight. I mean on my back. Whole night i sleep like this from childhood. Nd now on left hand side. I can't manage. please suggest me the right position that make my body comfortable.
I am non vegetarian I am 27 years old women mother of 3 kids all a normal delivery lactation mother I am having poly cystic ovary (irregular periods, supra ventricular tachycardia and I am taking diltiazem tablet 30 mg tds for heart and I have a weight of 75 kg and my height is 164.5 I want to reduce my body according to my body mass index .please help me with a proper and accurate diet chart.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
My girl friend fingering herself daily while taking bath. Is this create any problem regarding child birth or any other health issues? If any problem means how can she able to treat it? Because im going to marry her within 3 years.
Me and my gf had sex using condom but accidentally we touched reproductive part and there was some liquid on both the reproductive part so we she took ipill after 24 hr and she got her periods 3 days late from usual date and now she is not getting her periods n its almost two day late and she is not feeling any symptoms of getting periods like cramps and all. Is she pregnant? please help me out.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS lead to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
I am pregnant from 3 month. But my husband wants to sex with me. Is it right time to do this or not. Please guide me.
I am 22 years old female I have stomach pain in period's time give me some suggestions to avoid that pain.
Eating nuts and Leafy vegetable help regulate the body clock and help sleep better at night. Circadian rhythm or internal clock regulate several different body function such as sleeping, waking body temp. Magnesium present in many foods such as dark chocolate, nuts, green leafy veg help cells to cope with body circadian rhythm.
My gf took I pill yesterday night and we have unprotected sex today morning, it was 1.5 mg, is this enough or either she have to take another I pill. Please help.
I am 32 years old female trying for second baby its not working. Doctor says all reports abnormal. I went thru iui but it also did not work please suggest.
Hello sir I feel burning in rectum vagina after stool test r negative. No plies no fissure. Lyon se doc. Ko check kara. Ek saal ho gaya hai.
I hd sex on 12 of April n Ma last period occurred on 30 April bt after dat I hd checked by doing pregnancy test which came positive n I consulted doctor abt it so in which I was pregnant n I was nt looking for baby this time so wanted to do abortion so with consult of a doctor took mifepristone n misfostrol so hd first medicine n later one misfostrol after the 12 hours of first medicine n later after 12 other two misfostrol dat also keeping under the jaws n tongue n last after 12 hours. Bt after having the misfotrol first pill bleeding started with clot bt nly for dat particular day n after having two medicine lot of pain in stomach n heatness bt very less bleeding n after having last pill again pain n weakness getting mungi in hands n legs n nw tho if I hv any water or cold drink ma stomach pains n getting lose motions. Bt yet very less bleeding happing lightiess colour jst want to knw is it works pill bcoz ma doctor told mine was 1 month 11 days baby so want to know if it's7 weeks baby n after doing abortion with pill does the baby dissolve or come out. N how longer the period stays.
What is the best method to ensure birth control? We do use condom while having sex, but I don't know if it assures birth control 100%. Please help.
Pregnancy termination is good for health or further conceiving in future or not. M 10 days pregnant but we are not ready for dis. Bcoz recently we got married. Just 2 months everybody said. It's your ist baby so don't do .I really don't knw wt should I do. Should I continue or should I terminate. My age is 27 n hubby age is 28 my last period was 19 April.
Hello, good morning. I want to know that is safe sex with using condom after finish the next day of women MC. I mean is any chance to get pregnant after finish the next day of MC when using condom also.
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.