Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raj Chawla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, and I am pcos border line. I have tried walking, running, yoga and gyming also but still my weight is only increasing. What should I do and eat at the same time!
Is there any side effects to use contraception pill? Like I pill. Any other medicine for having safe sex?
I had a c- section delivery on 2 may 2015. My problem is that my tummy remain as it fatty after delivery. please suggest me how to loose tummy. What to eat at this stage ?
Hi, vagina se sex ke baad sperm bahar nikal jaye toh pregnant hone me problem hoti h ky aur jab bhi sex kare toh vagina se sperm nikalna normal baat h ya nahi please suggest me.
I have conducted my USG check up for abdomen and found bilateral polycystic syndrome of ovary. Suggest me what shall I do?
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food. However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
- Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
- High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
- Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
- Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
- Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
I had intercourse around 8-10 times in last 4 days. Yesterday night I had intercourse and after that I am getting unbearable pain while urinating. I am getting immense pain while passing urine through vagina. While urinating initially I don't get pain but later I do go through immense pain. I never experienced such pain before. What this can be?
I had sex on 30th but after 3 hour I took i-pill because condom get sticked inside me. So latter some cramping n abdominal pain occurred on the very next day. Then after 10 days I did pregnancy test. N it's negative. Still my periods are late by 3 days. What should I do? Should I do another test? Or which medicine should I take For My usual periods?
I have 2 children. 1st girl, and 2nd baby is a boy -3 years. I am pregnant in 2 +month .I dont need the baby so please tell me how can abort the baby? And tell me what is medicine for abortion.
I am Dr Meera Sethi, senior consultant at Kirat Ram hospital.I will be taking about PCOS which is a common disease these days in reproductive age group in girls. Coming to the syndromic approach, PCOS comprised of triad of an evolution, that is, excess of male hormone and can be diagnosed by ultrasound. Two of the 3 symptoms should be there to come confirm PCOS. Cause of PCOS is unknown, it could be genetic or environmental. If one of the siblings is effected then chances are high for the other child as well. There are prolonged and delayed cycles. Girls menstruate upto to 9 times in a year. The could be missed periods for upto 2 months or heavy periods at other times. Scanty flow could also be there. There could be excessive weight gain, unusual hair growth especially facial hair and acne. The scalp hair get sparse and thin.
Examination is done with detailed history BP, BMI are all taken into account. Depression and anxiety are also a sometimes present in PCOS patients, the long term effect includes unable to get pregnant.
Treatment is done with proper diagnosis like blood test, serum level test, TSH, LFH and accordingly treatment plan is decided. Pelvic ultrasonography might be required in some cases to check for cyst in the ovaries. Lifestyle changes are also suggested like losing weight. Atleast 10 pounds of weight is list to bring hormones in balance.
Diet should include green veggies, fat free food avoiding cheese and oily and fried food. Medical treatment is also required in some cases to curb excessive hair growth and acne. It takes time for acne and excessive growth to come in check as hormonal balance requires time. The patient should take regular follow-ups and undergo lab tests and sonography to avoid long term problems.
Thank you so much