Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Raj AnandYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from eye sight problem, I felt my sight was reduces, while seeing long view the vision was not clear, I'm able to see long sight but I can see the vision with dim. While using mobile and laptop I feel this dimness. I'm facing this problem from last week. Do this may affect my vision, to prevent my vision what can I do doctor. Please help me to relief from this problem. My mind also not good because of this problem. Does masturbation causes this eye vision dim problem? Or it arises from any other. Please suggest some healthy foods to take and prevent from wearing eye glass. Thank you.
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
I can suffering from eyes burning when I am going to CLG &went to hostel in this hot summer then what I can do to prevent this problem.
I am having an excessive night fall, sometimes 4 DAYS a week, I can not Pull any weight and effect eyes as well.
I use my smartphone frequently. It leads to strain in eyes. How can I protect my eyes from effects of smartphone?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
I am having headache from 5-6 days I don't know the reason sometime looks like its due to my eyesight getting weaker, or due to lack of sleep, can it be dangerous?
I have lenses for nearly 6 to 7 years and I want to live my life with out spectacles. What should I do?
Hi, I am madhu. For wedding I saw a girl her father is facing blind for childhood. If I marry her. Do the zentics follow to my upcoming children. It's may be a personal question. But it's 100 years life questions.
In modern time, dry eye has become a major ophthalmic problem. Itching, grittiness, watering, foreign body sensations, discharge and at times blurred vision can be the symptoms of dry eyes. Such patients feel relief when they wash their eyes with water.
The condition can be diagnosed by the symptoms or by shirmer test. Even those who use computer get "computer vision syndrome" which is due to dry eyes. Post lasik or after any eye surgery, patient can have dry eyes. Most of the women at menopausal age get dry eyes. The incidence of dry eyes increases with age.
You must consult an ophthalmologist if you have any of these complaints.