Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Yadav
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul YadavYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have suffering from fibroadima in breast so please tell me how will remove my cyst permanently because due to my this problem I 'm too much disturb please help me doctor.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Excessive prostatic fluid secretion even at mild excitement and starts burning inside the penis in urinary tract.
My father 65 age has tongue cancer he was diagnosed 5 and 1/2 months back with stage 2 tongue cancer. His heart EF IS 22 hence he was not fit for surgery or any major treatment. He is hypertensive and diabetic and has gone under bypass surgery 5 years ago and brain stroke 2 years ago. He's home with no treatment only on pain killers still he has immense pain. Any treatment cldn be done given his heart condition he's on bed. What should be done? How long does he have? Pls help us.
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate problem since last 2 years back. I had consulted a homeopath and is taking homeopathic medicines since last 2 years. My psa was normal. I am a diabetic as well but my sugar level are under control my hba1c was 6.15, fasting sugar was 90 and pp was 168, the only problem I am facing is that of excessive urination which is atleast once every hour and also inadiquate erection. Please suggest any Ayurveda medicine which can help me in total eradication of these problem ?
What is the symptom of cancer how we protect us from it, and how to improve our health with vegetable and some fruits taken.
My father's age is 85. His prostate has been enlarged in such a way that his urine is not coming out normally through penis. When catheter is placed then urine is coming out. After investigation of urine It was found blood in urine. In the situation what would you suggest-prostate surgery or something else. Please reply urgently.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.