Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having cavities in one of my teeth. Its been 4 years since I have my capping done last tym, but any how it is not working or might be removed and today I had suffered from extreme pain please suggest me what should be done on this and what should have happen to my old capping ,is their any possibility that capping might have gone in my stomach after dissolving aur may effect my health.
My teeth was not arrage properly to my mouth while I speaking to some I myself feel hate of me, that's way I stop taking to new person if they have any treatment and I need a medical treatment for hair loss problem. While my head was so pain and shape head is not proper due beats head some incient this reason I fell for my hair loss.
I am 22 year old ,i have power and I haven't used any medication but few days earlier I have noticing a bad smell coming out of my mouth and bleeding in the first spitting of morning ,so what I have do now? Please help.
I have gap on my front teeth looking for a best durable treatment please help me out and suggest which treatment option would be better. Thank you.
I am 20yr old (female) my Inside teeth are decayed by cavity. It pains a lot. While eating or drinking. What can I do? It's affecting my gums too. Should I uproot it?
Hello Doctor, I've earache when I chew food, I've a sensitivity in my tooth also. Could pls suggest medicine for that? Thankyou.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
I'm problem with my bad breath and I used mouthwash for bad breath but not working at all so please give solution for that doctor.
A thin layer of material placed over a tooth to protect its surface or improves its appearance is known as veneer. Dental veneers are a popular treatment for transforming your smile’s overall appearance. Placement of dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile and appearance. Most people believe that veneers are a single treatment when there are actually many types of veneer you can avail.
Some common types of veneers include—
Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are more commonly done. These are adjusted and sculpted during the dentist appointment. Cracked or chipped tooth, small cosmetic problems are usually fixed with composite veneers.
Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are expensive, but the effect they have on your smile is worth every penny. Porcelain veneer treatment involves multiple trips to the dentist’s office. They are stain-resistant and are more durable than other veneers.
Types of Dental Problems That Veneers Fix-
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored -- either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
The advantages of veneers are as follows:
They give a natural appearance to your teeth.
The tissues of the gum can tolerate porcelain well.
Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains.
The porcelain colour can be chosen to make dark teeth appear whiter.
Veneers offer a traditional approach in transforming the shape and colour of a tooth; they don’t normally require the intensive shaping before the procedure, like dental crowns do.
Veneers offer an aesthetic dental substitute.